Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

Hello everyone, if you couldn't tell earlier, the post from earlier was for a fake countdown, I had the idea to do one and Daniel was on board, so it all worked out. Let's just get into it, here are the real exits:

People R Ugly- Brain Dead (#28 last week)
Lany- XXL (#26 last week)
Fletcher- Lead Me On (#30 last week)

Countdown:
30. Umi/ V- Wherever U R (-1)
29. Nicki Minaj/ Lil Uzi Vert- Everybody (-4)
28. Max/ Huh Yunjin- Stupid In Love (Debut)
27. Victoria Monet- On My Mama (-4)
26. Jessie Murph/ Jelly Roll- Wild Ones (Re-entry)
25. Paul Russell- Say Cheese (+2)
24. Dua Lipa- Training Season (Debut)
23. Jungkook- Standing Next To You (-2)
22. Nicki Minaj- Pink Friday Girls (-6)
21. Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (-1)
20. Doja Cat- Agora Hills (-6)
19. Lewis Capaldi- Strangers (+5)
18. Tyla- Water (+1)
17. Henry Moodie- Pick Up The Phone (+5)
16. Ariana Grande/ Mariah Carey- Yes And (-4)
15. Justin Timberlake- Selfish (-2)
14. Renee Rapp/ Megan Thee Stallion- Not My Fault (-4)
13. Teddy Swims- Lose Control (-4)
12. Jack Harlow- Lovin On Me (+6)
11. Noah Kahan- Stick Season (+6)
10. Olivia Rodrigo- Get Him Back (-6)
9. Thirty Seconds To Mars- Seasons (+6)
8. Tate McRae- Greedy (=)
7. AJR- Yes I'm A Mess (=)
6. Kenya Grace- Strangers (=)
5. Taylor Swift- Is It Over Now (+6)
4. Knox- Not The 1975 (+1)
3. Tate McRae- Exes (=)
2. Sabrina Carpenter- Feather (=)
1. Dua Lipa- Houdini (=)
Countdown Extra: Madison Beer- Make You Mine
Last Year's #1: Miley Cyrus- Flowers
#1 Two Years Ago: Ed Sheeran- Overpass Graffiti
My Favorite Song Last Year: Metro Boomin/ The Weeknd/ 21 Savage- Creepin
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Alesso/ Katy Perry- When I'm Gone
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Linkin Park- Friendly Fire

Up first, we have Max and Huh Yunjin from a band called Le Sserafim on a song called Stupid In Love. This is Max's best song in a decent bit. This is super fun. They both sound really good here and they have solid chemistry, along to some cool production. The lyrics are also amazing. I hope they make this a hit.

Somehow, Wild Ones by Jessie Murph and Jelly Roll re-entered. All right, but I'm surprised it re-entered on the real countdown but not the fake countdown. This is the kind of things that is 100x more like to happen on a fake countdown than a real countdown.

Lastly, we have Training Season by Dua Lipa. This is quite a great song. She sounds pretty good throughout and it has cool production-- what you'd expect from a Dua Lipa song. I should mention that Daniel said this has a key change, and when I listened, I didn't hear one. So... that's a relief.

Hitbound
Alex Warren- Before You Leave Me
Selena Gomez- Love On (Debut)
Willow Avalon- Honey Ain't No Sweeter
Teddy Swims- The Door
Knox- Me Myself & Your Eyes (Debut)
Madison Beer- Make You Mine
Nicky Youre- S.A.D.
Crash Adams- Good Side
Jagwar Twin- Bad Feeling
Jessie Murph- Son Of A (Debut)
Sza- Saturn (Debut)
The Beaches- Blame Brett
Justin Timberlake- Drown (Debut)
Alec Benjamin- Pick Me
Eliza Rose/ Calvin Harris- Body Moving
Fall Out Boy- So Much (For) Stardust

First up, we have a new song from Selena Gomez called Love On. This is pretty good, definitely a lot better than Single Soon. The production just makes more sense, as does the song as a whole. Plus she sounds quite good, and I believe the lyrics are about her relationship with Benny Blanco. So overall, great song.

And then it gets better, because next up, we have Knox's latest, Me Myself & Your Eyes. And aside from Not The 1975, this might be my favorite song from him. It's a love song, and then he sounds quite good per usual, along to solid production. I hope this is on the countdown.

Just give up on Jessie Murph already. It's She hasn't had any songs I fully enjoyed, and I should mention this now marks the second time Mikey Piff picked up on a new Jessie Murph song instead of an attempt at a comeback single from Linkin Park. Anyways, on to the song itself, Mikey Piff compared this to an Amy Winehouse song, and I do not see that at all, just an average Jessie Murph song, but at least this is among her better songs. So I'll take it, but I might need a break from Jessie Murph after this.

It looks as though Sza is working on a deluxe edition of SOS, and from it, we have Saturn. This is really just there. She sounds fine but it's relatively slow. So almost the same vibe as the album.

Lastly, we have a follow up to what the new #1 was on the fake countdown, Drown by Justin Timberlake. I like this, but not as much as I do Martin Garrix and Clinton Kane's song of the same title from 2020. I do, however, find this better than Selfish. The production is more upbeat, and it's in a key I can take. I wish the lyrics were happier, but overall, I'll take it.

We lost Here's To Us, Love Me Not, Candyman, and Clarity. I'm fine with all of these, and Here's To Us was replaced by a better Knox song anyways.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Brain Dead, XXL, and Lead Me On, the last two could re-enter next week. Brain Dead was once again robbed and I 100% agree with what Spyder said when he announced this was leaving.

And yes, Everybody is growing on me, so hopefully it rebounds next week.

That said, I still like Pink Friday Girls more, so hopefully that rebounds too.

And something I'm moderately surprised the fake countdown got right was Hits 1 switching to the Mariah Carey remix of Yes And. This is neither better than nor worse than the original, my opinions are exactly the same.

Yes! Seasons is in the top 10! Glad this is getting success. 

Umm... why did Is It Over Now randomly rebound into the top 5? I really need this out of here before her next album drops in April.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

  1. Zestpond's blog has a new background and the "I'm taking an indefinite break from blogging" post got deleted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And some of the layout slightly changed since last time I checked that blog...

      Delete
    2. I actually noticed the new background after I went to check the tabs on his blog with every song on the countdown and every HB dropout to see if Galantis had ever made Hits 1 prior to Lighter (spoiler alert: they did not). I don't think I noticed the post where he announced he was taking a break got deleted though

      Delete
  2. Vampire down all the way from green to red? Is that something we've never seen before? I love Vampire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah I'm also coming back. But my blog got moved onto a new url now:

    hallettscountdownreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)