Apparently, this week's countdown came out a day early (Week of 4/6/2024)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to a countdown post that is a day early. Apparently, the countdown got leaked early on the app... cool. On another topic, I'm extending the deadline for the Countdown Extras rankdown another week as I only have five submissions counting my own. And a new announcement: we are about a month from my two year anniversary, and I'm once again doing a huge package for my anniversary, which will involve four countdown recreations, these will be for September 8th, 2018, June 27th, 2015, June 6th, 2020 but if it had 45 songs (this was the week after the countdown got shortened), and September 29th, 2007. Let's just get into this week's countdown, here are the songs that left:

Tate McRae- Greedy (#18 last week)
Jack Harlow- Lovin On Me (#24 last week)
AJR- Yes I'm A Mess (#11 last week)

Countdown:
30. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (Debut)
29. Olivia Rodrigo- So American (Debut)
28. Hozier- Too Sweet (Debut)
27. Meghan Trainor/ T Pain- Been Like This (+2)
26. Twenty One Pilots- Overcompensate (+2)
25. Usher- Kissing Strangers (+2)
24. Luke Hemmings- Shakes (+1)
23. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (-1)
22. Dasha- Austin (+1)
21. Olivia Rodrigo- Obsessed (+5)
20. Djo- End Of Beginning (+1)
19. Teddy Swims- Lose Control (-2)
18. Girl In Red- Too Much (+1)
17. Sza- Saturn (+3)
16. Knox- Me Myself & Your Eyes (-1)
15. Selena Gomez- Love On (+1)
14. Shinedown- A Symptom Of Being Human (+16)
13. Beyonce- Texas Hold Em (-3)
12. Taylor Swift- Is It Over Now (-4)
11. Ariana Grande- We Can't Be Friends (+3)
10. Henry Moodie- Pick Up The Phone (-1)
9. Renee Rapp/ Megan Thee Stallion- Not My Fault (+3)
8. Justin Timberlake- Selfish (+5)
7. Dua Lipa- Training Season (-1)
6. Noah Kahan- Stick Season (+1)
5. Tate McRae- Exes (-1)
4. Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (+1)
3. Dua Lipa- Houdini (-1)
2. Knox- Not The 1975 (+1)
1. Sabrina Carpenter- Feather (=)
Countdown Extra: Jvke- Clouds
Last Year's #1: Tiesto/ Tate McRae- 10:35
#1 Two Years Ago: Imagine Dragons/ JID- Enemy
My Favorite Song Last Year: Charlie Puth/ Dan + Shay- That's Not How This Works
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Tyga/ Doja Cat- Freaky Deaky
Recommendations For Hits 1:
G Eazy/ Coi Leray/ Kaliii- Femme Fatale
Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe
Lil Wayne/ Wheezy/ Young Thug- Bless

Benson Boone put out a new album today (as of when I'm writing this), and his song Slow It Down makes its way out of the abyss at #30. As I've previously stated, I feel like he was trying to use the same formula he used on that song, but it isn't exactly working as well as it did on that song, probably because it's more forgettable and the melodies aren't as great. But still, solid song.

One week after Obsessed debuted, another song from the deluxe edition of Olivia Rodrigo's Guts album debuted, this one being So American. This is good, but there isn't anything that stands out here, it's just another Pop Punk Olivia Rodrigo song. I think I'll still take Obsessed over this.

Lastly, Hozier is back on the countdown for the first time since Someone New in 2015, and by the way, that was his only hit after I frequently heard Take Me To Church on the way home from church when it was a thing. Anyways, this new song is called Too Sweet, and it is quite good. The beat on this is on point, Hozier sounds really good, and the song is in G Minor, and if you've been here for a while, you would know that if a song is in that key, it is guaranteed to be good. So yeah, I hope to see this on the countdown soon.

Hitbound
The Beaches- Blame Brett
Doja Cat/ Teezo Touchdown- Masc (Debut)
Teddy Swims- The Door
Benson Boone- Cry (Debut)
Glass Animals- Creatures In Heaven (Debut)
Ava Max- My Oh My (Debut)
Imagine Dragons- Eyes Closed (Debut)
Paul Russell- Eat Pray Love (Debut)
Haiden Henderson- Hell Of A Good Time
David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don't Wanna Wait (Debut)
Tori Kelly- Thing U Do (Debut)
Porter Robinson- Cheerleader
Girl In Red/ Sabrina Carpenter- You Need Me Now (Debut)
Michael Marcagi- Scared To Start (Debut)
Jagwar Twin- Bad Feeling
Nicky Youre- Part Time Lover

Oh shit. We have 10 debuts this week. First up, Doja Cat dropped the deluxe edition to Scarlet, and from it, we have Masc with Teezo Touchdown. Ok, this slaps imo. This has some cool production and they both do quite well here, I especially like Teezo Touchdown's verse. Glad he chose this one.

I mentioned Benson Boone's new album earlier, and in addition to Slow It Down debuting the countdown, Cry debuts Hitbound. I like how his music has been getting more upbeat as of lately, and this is another example of a good upbeat Benson Boone song, plus, he soundsquite good here per usual. Solid song.

So uh... anyone remember Glass Animals from their song Heat Waves three years ago that spent about two years on the hot 100? I remember that song, and liked it at first but it faded on me a little bit the longer it stayed on the countdown. Today, they bring us Creatures In Heaven, and this is not as good as that song. It feels on the slower side and while Dave Bayley sounds good, he doesn't sound as good as he did on Heat Waves. So, I'm just all right with this on here.

Hmmm... I know Ava Max can make good music, and her new song would be fully good, since she sounds quite good throughout, and in short, it is another banger, unfortunately, there is a key change at the end that wasn't necessary under any circumstances. Those who have been reading this blog for a decent bit of time might know I'm not a huge fan of key changes in pop music. I think they usually bring down my opinion of certain songs, this song included. I could say it has the tendency to grow on me, but we will see.

Back to songs that stay in the same key throughout, up next we have a new song from Imagine Dragons called Eyes Closed. And wow, this slaps so fucking hard, and I don't even care that they jacked the title from an Ed Sheeran song from last year, as this song is leagues better. The beat on this is amazing, and Dan Reynolds sounds quite great here. I hope they make this a hit.

We're halfway done with the debuts. Next up, we have another fun song from Paul Russell called Eat Pray Love. This has got to be my favorite song from him thus far. The production here is cooler than his previous two songs and he honestly sounds a little bit like Lil Tecca here, and that is a good thing. Hopefully they let this on the countdown.

Next up is my favorite debut tis week. It's I Don't Wanna Wait by David Guetta and OneRepublic. And as you've guessed, I think this song slaps hard. David Guetta did a great job producing yet again, and this might be one of Ryan Tedder's vocal performances. This better be a hit or else.

Tori Kelly put out a new EP yesterday, and from it, we have Thing U Do. I think I like the other two songs of hers that I previously talked about on here more than this. She sounds pretty good, but I think the vibe here feels a little bit different, plus, it's more forgettable. So overall, just good.

Here's an interesting collab, Girl In Red and Sabrina Carpenter on You Need Me Now. And this was just as I expected it to be. Both of them do a great job and this has solid production, but that bit where Girl In Red introduces Sabrina Carpenter's verse makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it's something I don't see other artists doing. Well, I've questioned Girl In Red before, so maybe it's time to question her again.

Our final debut comes from a random newcomer named Michael Macargi, and his song is called Scared To Start, and my guess is that he added this in place of yet another random re-entry for Dandelion Eyes by Patrick Martin, because the vibe I'm getting here is the exact vibe of that song. That's all I really have to say, hopefully they do something with this instead of leaving it on for too long.

We lost Calling After Me, King Size Bed, Teardrops, It's Not Fair, and Before You Leave Me. The last two deserved a lot better, and I'm alright with the first three going, even Teardrops is starting to fade on me. We also lost So Much (For) Stardust, I Luv It, II Most Wanted, and Clouds. These are all in the abyss, so I'm not going to comment on them leaving just yet.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Greedy, Lovin On Me, and Yes I'm A Mess. It was time for Greedy to leave a few weeks ago, so I'm glad that's finally out. I still like Lovin On Me quite a bit, but I think it had a good run, and Yes I'm A Mess was another great AJR banger that will be missed.

Looks like Obsessed got a solid jump off the debut, hopefully, the upward movement continues.

Can Lose Control just leave next week please?

To everyone's surprise, A Symptom Of Being Human jumped 16 spots to #14. Glad to see Shinedown having another hit after 14 years.

Is It Over Now is finally starting to drop. Please, I just want one week with no Taylor Swift songs on here before The Tortured Poets Department is released.

Selfish entered the top 10 for the first time, excluding when it was #1 on the fake countdown back in February.

Not a whole lot of movement in the top 10, but Not The 1975 is at #2, I really hope this dethrones Feather next week. 

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

  1. DON'T SLANDER THE SABRINA INTRO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started a new event!
    https://bunnyfunny382929.blogspot.com/2024/04/2024-may-madness.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)

UC first Big 12 football game edition (Week of 9/23/2023)