First ever Electric Top 20 post (5/5/2024)

 

Hello everyone. Well, as I've previously said, I will be reviewing the Electric Top 20 for the two weekends before my two year anniversary. Then this could become a recurring post depending on what time I have and if I feel like doing it. So if you don't know, the Electric Top 20 is a weekly top 20 pop hits countdown that Daniel, Tri, and I like to listen to in the discord that also throws in a few throwbacks, usually they are good, but also, there are some that I've never heard of. Let's just get into it, here is our lone exit:

Justin Timberlake- Selfish (#20 last week)

Countdown:
20. Djo- End Of Beginning (Debut)
19. Tate McRae- Greedy (-1)
18. Jelly Roll/ Lainey Wilson- Save Me (+1)
17. Sabrina Carpenter- Feather (=)
16. The Weeknd/ Jennie/ Lily Rose Depp- One Of The Girls (-3)
15. Nicki Minaj/ Lil Uzi Vert- Everybody (-4)
14. Hozier- Too Sweet (+1)
13. Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (+3)
12. Dua Lipa- Illusion (+2)
11. Renee Rapp/ Megan Thee Stallion- Not My Fault (-1)
10. Olivia Rodrigo- Obsessed (+2)
9. Victoria Monet- On My Mama (-1)
8. Noah Kahan- Stick Season (+1)
7. Jack Harlow- Lovin On Me (-3)
6. Doja Cat- Agora Hills (=)
5. Sza- Saturn (+2)
4. Teddy Swims- Lose Control (-1)
3. Beyonce- Texas Hold Em (-2)
2. Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (=)
1. Ariana Grande- We Can't Be Friends (+4)

How the hell are they just now adding End Of Beginning when it's been on Mediabase for over a month now?

How is Greedy still here? It's been lurking in the bottom five for a really long time now.

Yeah, as much as I liked Need A Favor, Save Me isn't that. It's way too slow for my listening preferences and honestly on the sadder side of songs.

I actually did talk about One Of The Girls once before, back when Daniel and I did that fake HB prank back in November, and my opinion was accurate and still stands to this day.

Of course they're already making Fortnight a hit.

Agora Hills really soured on me since leaving the Hits 1 countdown.

How is Saturn in the top 5 at the moment?

We Can't Be Friends by Ariana Grande is now #1. Glad this made it to the top spot, hopefully, it's also there on Hits 1 next week. I would like to clarify that they don't leave songs at #1 for multiple weeks at a time, unlike Hits 1. For reference, the current countdown song with the most weeks at #1 is Lovin On Me, which spent four weeks at #1.

Throwbacks:
Mariah Carey- We Belong Together (2005)
Omi/ Felix Jaehn- Cheerleader (2015)
Alanis Morissette- You Learn (1995)
David Guetta/ Sia- Titanium (2012)
Darude- Sandstorm (1999)
The Notorius B.I.G.- One More Chance (1993)
Swedish House Mafia/ John Martin- Don't You Worry Child (2012)
Vanessa Carlton- A Thousand Miles (2002)
Baby Bash/ Frankie J- Suga Suga (2003)
Gwen Stefani/ Akon- The Sweet Escape (2007)
Fergie/ Ludacris- Glamorous (2006)
Kendrick Lamar- Humble (2017)

I'm not a huge Mariah Carey fan, and We Belong Together is just good at best. Cheerleader is easily my favorite song of 2015. I only know a few Alanis Morissette songs, and You Learn isn't exactly one of them. Titanium is a fire David Guetta banger. Sandstorm is a bit repetitive imo. I don't really listen to a lot of 90s rap, and One More Chance is likely on the lower end of 90s rap songs to me. Don't You Worry Child is fire on all levels. A Thousand Miles is super fun. I had no idea that Suga Suga was sampled on Sugar by Robin Schulz and Francesco Yates until yesterday, and obviously, I like the Robin Schulz song more. The Sweet Escape is fun all around. Glamorous is such an iconic track. and Humble is among Kendrick Lamar's best songs.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys later this week for my Radical Optimism album review and my regularly scheduled Hits 1 countdown post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)

UC first Big 12 football game edition (Week of 9/23/2023)