I need to be better at this (6/16/2024)

 

I really need to do better at getting these posts out. This week had solid debuts and throwbacks. Let's just start, here are our two exits:

Beyonce/ Miley Cyrus- II Most Wanted (#19 last week)
Doja Cat- OkLoser (#10 last week)

Countdown:
20. Eminem- Houdini (Debut)
19. Sabrina Carpenter- Feather (-1)
18. Shinedown- A Symptom Of being Human (Debut)
17. Olivia Rodrigo- Obsessed (-1)
16. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (+4)
15. Jack Harlow- Lovin On Me (-1)
14. Teddy Swims- Lose Control (+1)
13. Jelly Roll/ Lainey Wilson- Save Me (-2)
12. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (+5)
11. Muni Long/ Mariah Carey- Made For Me (+2)
10. Billie Eilish- Lunch (+2)
9. Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (-2)
8. Ariana Grande- We Can't be Friends (-5)
7. Dua Lipa- Illusion (+2)
6. Djo- End Of Beginning (+2)
5. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (+1)
4. Sza- Saturn (-2)
3. Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (+1)
2. Hozier- Too Sweet (-1)
1. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (+4)

Super happy Houdini is already here.

They're just now adding A Symptom Of Being Human? A bit surprised but I'll take it.

Good to see A Bar Song and Million Dollar Baby jumping.

We Can't be Friends seems to be on its way out.

Espresso is now #1, the question is, how long will it last?

Throwbacks:
Tiesto/ Ava Max- The Motto (2022)
Rita Ora- How We Do (2012)
Lady Gaga- Born This Way (2011)
Black Eyed Peas/ J Balvin- Ritmo (2020)
Howie Day- Collide (2004)
Nelly Furtado/ Timbaland- Promiscuous (2006)
Kid Ink/ Chris Brown- Show Me (2013)
Neon Trees- Sleeping With A Friend (2014)
Becky G/ Karol G- Mamiii (2022)
Ray J- One Wish (2005)
Ashanti- Foolish (2002)

I've talked about The Motto very early in my blogging career, and my opinion still stands. How We Do isn't anything special. Born This Way is such a banger, especially during pride month. Ritmo was my favorite song during the Covid lockdowns. Collide is really just there. Promiscuous is pretty nostalgic. Show Me is kid of cool. Sleeping With A Friend is a Neon Trees banger that I haven't heard in ages prior to this countdown. Mamiii is a fun reggaeton song. And One Wish and Foolish are slow but tolerable R&B songs.

Also, we had a New Music Spotlight this week, 2 The Moon by Pitbull, Ne Yo, and Afrojack. I'll talk more about this when it debuts the Hits 1 countdown, if it never does, you'll see my full opinion on my 2024 best list at the end of the year. But I'll leave you with this for now, it's currently projected to go #1 on my 2024 best list.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in my next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)