Kinda boring in a way (Week of 6/15/2024)

 

Hello everyone, well, needless to say, this post could be easy to write this week, as we had no debuts and two re-entries. So let's get into it, here are our exits:

Sza- Saturn (#14 last week)
Ariana Grande- We Can't Be Friends (#13 last week)

Countdown:
30. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (-2)
29. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (-2)
28. Justin Timberlake- No Angels (-2)
27. Camila Cabello/ Lil Nas X- He Knows (-2)
26. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (-5)
25. David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don’t Wanna Wait (-1)
24. Muni Long- Made For Me (Re-entry)
23. Twenty One Pilots- The Craving (+6)
22. Eminem- Houdini (+8)
21. Gracie Abrams- Risk (+1)
20. Beyonce/ Miley Cyrus- II Most Wanted (+3)
19. Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (+1)
18. Billie Eilish- Lunch (+1)
17. Knox- Me Myself & Your Eyes (+1)
16. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (+1)
15. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (+1)
14. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (+1)
13. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (-1)
12. Taylor Swift- I Ca Do It With A Broken Heart (-1)
11. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (-1)
10. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (-2)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- So American (Re-entry)
8. Teddy Swims- The Door (=)
7. Dasha- Austin (+2)
6. Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (-1)
5. Djo- End Of Beginning (+1)
4. Dua Lipa- Illusion (=)
3. Olivia Rodrigo- Obsessed (=)
2. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (=)
1\. Hozier- Too Sweet (=)
Countdown Extra: Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please
Last Year's #1: Taylor Swift/ Ice Spice- Karma
#1 Two Years Ago: Harry Styles- Ass It Was
My Favorite Song Last Year: David Guetta/ Anne Marie/ Coi Leray- Baby Don't Hurt Me
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Duke & Jones/ Louis Theroux- Jiggle Jiggle
Recommendations For Hits 1: Moneybagg Yo/ Morgan Wallen- Whiskey Whiskey, Pharrell- Double Life, and Sam Feldt/ Jvke/ Anitta- Mi Amor

Again, no debuts, but we have re-entries for Made For Me by Muni Long and So American by Olivia Rodrigo, which is apparently now the next Guts single. Great to see both of these back, and it's worth mentioning that So American grew on me after it last left.

Hitbound:
Saweetie- Nani
Imagine Dragons- Nice To Meet You
Charli XCX- 360
Jelly Roll- I Am Not Okay (Debut)
Dua Lipa- These Walls
Wallows- Calling After Me
Lay Bankz- Tell Ur Girlfriend
Raye- Genesis Part 2
Henry Moodie- Drunk Text
Isabel LaRosa- Favorite (Debut)
Gracie Abrams- Close To You
Tyla/ Gunna/ Skillibeng- Jump
Myles Smith- Stargazing
Teddy Swims- Hammer To The Heart
Halsey- The End
Knox- Change Your Mind

Well, only two debuts this week, makes my life a lot easier. First up is a new song from Jelly Roll after Save Me thankfully never did jack shit on here. This is called I Am Not Okay, and it's safe to say this is better than that song, however, it is still a bit slow. At least there is some production here unlike in The End, and the lyrics are a bit assuring. So overall, not great, but tolerable.

So... does anyone remember Isabel LaRosa from her 2022 song I'm Yours? If not, I don't exactly blame you, because I forgot how that song goes myself. Well anyways, she's back with Favorite, and this is a lot better. For one, I'm convinced this samples Con Altura by Rosalia, J Balvin, and El Guincho (for those that don't know, that was a reggaeton song from 2019). The Beats to both songs sound quite similar, so of course this (Favorite) is a catchy song and Isabel LaRosa sounds quite good, although I'm not a huge fan of the breathy vocal effects in the hook. But overall quite an improvement over her previous song on here.

We lost Please Please Please and Whoops, both of which are in the abyss and could debut next week.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Saturn and We Can't Be Friends. Surprised by Saturn leaving but I'm totally cool with that as it isn't that great. And We Can't Be Friends had a great run, but The Boy Is Mine is now here and is better, so I have no complaints about the exits.

Miles On It really shouldn't have dropped five spots.

Umm... why is the most underwhelming Twenty One Pilots song ever jumping six spots off its debut?

At Least Houdini got an even bigger jump off its debut. I'm glad we're making this as huge as it is.

How is I Can Do It With A Broken Heart still in the top 15 when it hasn't been on the airplay chart in fucking weeks? It should be gone by now.

Looks like Fortnight won't be hitting #1. :relieved:

As much as I still like Too Sweet, I think it's about time for a new #1 on here. It definitely won't be Obsessed due to decrease in airplay, but I probably see Espresso hitting #1 here, if yes, only for a few weeks please.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)