This is not a fake countdown (Week of 6/22/2024)

 

Hello everyone. Welcome to a more interesting post, one where people may assume that this is a fake countdown until they listen for themselves. I'll not go into it rn, let's just start with the exits:

Muni Long- Made For Me (#24 last week)
Justin Timberlake- No Angels (#28 last week)
Beyonce/ Miley Cyrus- II Most Wanted (#20 last week)

Countdown:
30. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (Debut)
29. Twenty One Pilots- The Craving (-6)
28. Charli XCX- 360 (Debut)
27. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (+3)
26. Meghan Trainor- Whoops (Debut)
25. Camila Cabello/ Lil Nas X- He Knows (+2)
24. Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (-5)
23. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+6)
22. Knox- Me Myself & Your Eyes (-5)
21. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (-7)
20. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (+6)
19. Gracie Abrams- Risk (+2)
18. Billie Eilish- Lunch (=)
17. David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don’t Wanna Wait (+8)
16. Olivia Rodrigo- Obsessed (-13)
15. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (-5)
14. Teddy Swims- The Door (-6)
13. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (-1)
12. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (+4)
11. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (+4)
10. Olivia Rodrigo- So American (-1)
9. Dasha- Austin (-2)
8. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (+3)
7. Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (-1)
6. Djo- End Of Beginning (-1)
5. Eminem- Houdini (+17) (Wow)
4. Hozier- Too Sweet (-3)
3. Dua Lipa- Illusion (+1)
2. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (+11)
1\. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (+1)
Countdown Extra: Isabel LaRosa- Favorite
Last year's #1: Taylor Swift/ Ice Spice- Karma
#1 Two Years Ago: Harry Styles- Ass It Was
My Favorite Song Last Year: Dua Lipa- Dance The Night
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Duke & Jones/ Louis Theroux- Jiggle Jiggle
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Said The Sky/ Boys Like Girls- Hold My Breath

Oh great. Another Sabrina Carpenter song that debuted super high on the hot 100. This is called Please Please Please, and this is really just good. My main issue is that the second verse is in a different key than the rest of the song, although she sounds fine and the song is interesting. After this, I'll probably need a break from Sabrina Carpenter though, especially if this song does a bit too well here.

Up next is literally the only debut this week that stays in the same key throughout. It's 360 by Charli XCX, and this is solid. Nothing I'm completely interested in revisiting anytime soon, but it has a fun beat and Charli XCX sounds pretty good here. Nothing completely wrong here.

Lastly, we have Whoops by Meghan Trainor. This starts out to be a solid song, kind of giving off the vibes of her song Mother from last year. And then there's the key change at the end. Of course, that's moderately distracting, as are most songs with key changes. So that's why the ranking isn't green.

Hitbound:
Teddy Swims- Hammer To The Heart
Gracie Abrams/ Taylor Swift- Us (Debut)
Bia/ JID- Lights Out (Debut)
Coldplay- Feels Like I'm Falling In Love (Debut)
Post Malone/ Blake Shelton- Pour Me A Drink (Debut)
Lay Bankz- Tell Ur Girlfriend
Henry Moodie- Bad Emotions (Debut)
Upsahl- Summer So Hot (Debut)
Imagine Dragons- Nice To Meet You
Lawrence- Whatcha Want (Debut)
Jelly Roll- I Am Not Okay
Bibi/ Jackson Wang- Feeling Lucky (Debut)
Myles Smith- Stargazing
Wallows- Calling After Me
Isabel LaRosa- Favorite
Henry Moodie- Drunk Text

(sighing too much) Well, Gracie Abrams dropped The Secret Of Us yesterday, and for whatever reason, despite the previous two songs sounding quite similar and not exactly being my thing, she thought it would be a good idea to collaborate with Taylor Swift for one of the songs from the album, Us. I guess this collab would make sense with Gracie Abrams opening for the Eras tour, but this is still unnecessary. To those thinking I'm only hating it because of Taylor Swift, think again. This is super slow and there is no actual beat until about the bridge, and it's not in a key that could possibly save the song from any of these flaws. If this has any success here, we will have some serious problems. Oh, and to those wondering if there is any songs from The Secret Of Us that I actually have interest in, Daniel played I Love You I'm Sorry on his Hits Of The Future show, and that song is pretty good.

After that trainwreck, we have Bia making her Hits 1 debut with Lights Out with JID. I talked about JID very early on in my blogging career, OG viewers may remember I liked Enemy and I also talked about Dope with John Legend in my second ever Hits 1 post, I also liked that. Now on to this new song. I like this one quite a bit. I like Bia's hook and she delivers a solid verse, and I especially like JID's verse here and the beat is super fun. Let's see how this does.

Up next, we have Coldplay making their first appearance on here since My Universe with BTS from three years ago (I can't remember if they had any songs on here since then), this is called Feels Like I'm Falling In Love (stylized without any spaces). I'm not exactly feeling this as much as I should be yet. It's got a good beat and Chris Martin sounds pretty good, not sure what it is that is preventing this from working. This could definitely grow on me though.

Next up, after the success of I Had Some Help, Post Malone tapped in Blake Shelton for Pour Me A Drink, and this is Blake Shelton's first song on here since Honey Bee in 2011, although I also remember his song God's Country from 2019 and an SNL Celebrity Family Feud sketch in which he played himself (this was from an episode he hosted, btw). On this new song, this is such a great song. Both Post Malone and Blake Shelton sound quite good here and it has a fun beat, and I can even see what Mikey Piff is talking about when he says this is a perfect song to listen to during 4th Of July parties. Great song.

Looks like Henry Moodie has been named the next One To Watch with two songs on here, one of which is this new song, Bad Emotions. Compared to his other song on here, this is an improvement but not by a whole margin. He sounds fine but it is still a little but slow, although there is a decent beat. Overall, not great, but better than the last song of his I talked about.

Up next, we have Upsahl making her Hits 1 debut. I remember her from Happy Endings by Mike Shinoda a few years ago, which also featured Iann Dior, and today, she brings us Summer So Hot. This is super cool. It has a fun beat and Upsahl sounds quite good, it's worth mentioning that I've gotten behind the lyrics about skinny dipping. So honestly, a fun summer song.

Oh boy. More Lawrence. Except this new song, Whatcha Want, is pretty good. It has such a fun beat and both Clyde and Gracie Lawrence sound quite Good, with Gracie's verse reminding me of Want U Back by Cher Lloyd and Clyde's verse reminding me of Blow by Ed Sheeran, Chris Stapleton, and Bruno Mars. Honestly my favorite song from them thus far.

Lastly, we have Bibi and Jackson Wang collaborating on Feeling Lucky. This actually turned out better than I expected it to. The beat on this is pretty fun and they both sound pretty good. Honestly a fun song and my favorite song from either artist, and you could say I'm feeling lucky that this is as good as it is.

We lost Genesis Part 2, Nani, Close To You, Jump, These Walls, Change Your Mind, and The End. Genesis Part 2 is in the abyss. Nani was moderately fun. Close To You wasn't that great, but I'll happily take it over Us. Jump deserved to debut. Both These walls and Change Your Mind lasted a fairly long time, so I'm fine with those going. And The End sucked ass, so good fucking riddance to that.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Made For Me, No Angels, and II Most Wanted. I'm not sure what the point of bringing back Made For Me was if it was just going to leave the following week. No Angels was good but I can live without it. And II Most Wanted could never figure out what to do.

The most underwhelming Twenty One Pilots song dropped back to #29. I'm fine with this.

Beautiful Things and Make You Mine are both likely on their last weeks here.

Miles On It thankfully rebounded.

Obsessed took a not so shocking fall, and I say not so shocking due to its recent decrease in airplay.

Hopefully, Good Luck Babe and A Bar Song both make the top 10 next week.

I was genuinely never expecting Houdini to jump 17 spots into the top 5 on its third week, but of course, I am happy about that nonetheless. Now I want this to hit #1.

I Had Some Help also jumped huge to #2. This is already Morgan Wallen's highest peaking song on Hits 1, hopefully, it becomes his first ever #1 here too.

That said, we have a new #1 this week, Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter. I have gotten a little bit tired of this already, so I'm hoping this doesn't hold on to the #1 for too long, especially with Houdini and I Had Some Help now in the top 5, so hopefully, one of those songs makes it to #1 next week.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)