God I don't know anymore (Week of 7/27/2024)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to something I have a shit ton of questions about. It was very boring with one debut, at least that debut was good. Let's get into it, here is our one exit:

Meghan Trainor- Whoops (#26 last week)

Countdown:
30. Alex Warren- Carry You Home (Debut)
29. Camila Cabello/ Drake- Hot Uptown (-2)
28. Knox- Treadmill (-3)
27. Katy Perry- Woman's World (+3)
26. The Kid Laroi- Girls (+3)
25. Crash Adams- Hotel Party (-2)
24. Charli XCX- 360 (-2)
23. Myles Smith- Stargazing (+5)
22. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (+2)
21. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (=)
20. Billie Eilish- Lunch (=)
19. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (-4)
18. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (=)
17. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (+2)
16. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (=)
15. David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don't Wanna Wait (-4)
14. Gracie Abrams- Risk (+3)
13. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+1)
12. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (+1)
11. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (+1)
10. Teddy Swims- The Door (-1)
9. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (+1)
8. Dasha- Austin (=)
7. Eminem- Houdini (=)
6. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (=)
5. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (-2)
4. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (=)
3. Dua Lipa- Illusion (+2)
2. Hozier- Too Sweet (=)
1. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (=)
Countdown Extra: Joe Jonas- Work It Out
Last Year's #1: Crash Adams- Give Me A Kiss
#1 Two Years Ago: Lizzo- About Damn Time
My Favorite Song Last Year: Lil Durk/ Morgan Wallen- Stand By Me
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Doja Cat- I Like You
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Calvin Harris/ Ellie Goulding- Free

Our only debut this week is Carry You Home by Alex Warren. I think we remember him from Before You Leave Me from earlier this year. Well, he got married pretty recently, and wrote this song, Carry You Home, for his now wife a few weeks leading up to their wedding. And yeah, this is quite good. This is well produced for what it's supposed to be and Alex Warren sounds quite good throughout, the song is in G Minor, and the lyrics... well, I already said what the song is about, and naturally, the lyrics are quite sweet. Great song.

Hitbound:
Benson Boone- Death Wish Love
Halsey- Lucky (Debut)
Lisa- Rockstar
MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road (Debut)
Role Model- Scumbag (Debut)
Alessia Cara- Dead Man
Hayes Warner- Predator
Kesha- Joyride
Joe Jonas- Work It Out
Charli XCX- Apple
Paul Russell/ Meghan Trainor- Slippin
Cyril- Stumblin In
Dasha Didn't I
Gracie Abrams- I Love You I'm Sorry
FlowerOvLove- Boys
Post Malone/ Luke Combs- Guy For That (Debut)

First up, Halsey is back with new music since that insanely boring song The End from earlier this year, this is called Lucky. This is so much better than The End, but still not that great. It samples Britney Spears' song of the same title, and this sample is executed flawlessly, it's just a little bit forgettable though. Especially compared to...

...this next song, Lonely Road by MGK and Jelly Roll. Ok guys, this is quite great. It samples Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver in a noticeably good way. Also, this gives off the vibes of Tickets To My Downfall and Mainstream Sellout, and that is easily the best era of MGK's music. So yeah, Travis Barker did a great job producing and both MGK and Jelly Roll sound quite good and have surprisingly solid chemistry. I hope this becomes a hit.

Role Model put out a new album a few weeks ago, and from it, we have Scumbag. This is also pretty good but forgettable, with what I remember about it being it being somewhat upbeat and a track that channels going through a breakup. I might need to hear this again before forming a full opinion.

Our last debut is single #3 off Post Malone's country album F1Trillion, this is Guy For That with Luke Combs. Ok, I'm quite excited for this album based on the singles from it that I've heard, and if you haven't already guessed, this new one is quite good too. It's so much fun and both Post Malone and Luke Combs sound quite good here. Another great Post Malone country song.

We lost Debut, Favorite, Whatcha Want, and Somebody Save Me. Debut was just alright, so I'm fine with that being out, Favorite and Whatcha Want were quite fun and will be missed, and Somebody Save Me deserved to debut the countdown.

Blurbs:
Our one exit was Whoops. It was just good and is probably still in the abyss, so I'm not complaining too much.

Glad to see Starganzing jumping off its debut.

Miles On It just can't seem to decide what to do.

Legitimately no action in the top 10, aside from The Door and Please Please Please switching spots, same with Good Luck Babe and Illusion. We need more movement in the top 10 next week, notably Too Sweet and Espresso out of the top 5 as they have been decreasing in airplay lately, and we are in need of new songs in the top 5, and really the top 10 in general. I feel like the top 5 has been exactly the same the entire month, and I'm ready to see something new there.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)