More active than previously (Week of 7/20/2024)


Hello everyone. I'd say we had somewhat of a more interesting week than we've previously had, compared to the last few. We had some decent sized drops and jumps, and a couple great debuts. Let's just get into it, here are the exits:

Djo- End Of Beginning (#6 last week)
Olivia Rodrigo- So American (#9 last week)
Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (#22 last week)

Countdown:
30. Katy Perry- Woman's World (Debut)
29. The Kid Laroi- Girls (Debut)
28. Myles Smith- Stargazing (Debut)
27. Camila Cabello/ Drake- Hot Uptown (=)
26. Meghan Trainor- Whoops (=)
25. Knox- Treadmill (+3)
24. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (=)
23. Crash Adams- Hotel Party (+7)
22. Charli XCX- 360 (+7)
21. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (+2)
20. Billie Eilish- Lunch (-13)
19. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (-5)
18. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (=)
17. Gracie Abrams- Risk (+2)
16. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (-5)
15. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (+6)
14. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+3)
13. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (+12)
12. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (+8)
11. David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don't Wanna Wait (+2)
10. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (+5)
9. Teddy Swims- The Door (+1)
8. Dasha- Austin (=)
7. Eminem- Houdini (+9)
6. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (+6)
5. Dua Lipa- Illusion (-2)
4. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (=)
3. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (+2)
2. Hozier- Too Sweet (=)
1. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (=)
Countdown Extra: Dasha- Didn't I
Last Year's #1: Jonas Brothers- Waffle House
#1 Two Years Ago: Nicky Youre/ Dazy- Sunroof
My Favorite Song Last Year: Morgan Wallen- Last Night
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Doja Cat- I Like You
Recommendations For Hits 1: Hardy/ Knox- Happy Hour and Martin Garrix/ Carolina Liar- Smile

Unfortunately, we have to start off with the least great debut on the list. It is Katy Perry's first song since When I'm Gone with Alesso from a couple years ago, this is called Woman's World. There isn't a whole lot great here. While she sounds fine and it has a solid beat courtesy of Dr Luke, it feels a bit weird and can't exactly decide what key it wants to be in. I honestly don't see this lasting long here, and I'd be fine if it didn't.

Thankfully, it gets a lot better, as our next debut is Girls by The Kid Laroi. This is among his better songs in recent years imo. It's pretty fun to listen to and he sounds quite good here, plus the song is in Bb major, which really helps. I hope this makes the countdown soon.

And lastly, making its way out of the abyss after a recent surge in Airplay, we have Stargazing by Myles Smith coming in at #28. While I think Travis Scott's song of the same title is obviously better, this is also pretty good. I think Myles Smith sounds quite good here and it has a solid beat. Glad this is becoming his breakthrough hit.

Hitbound:
Kesha- Joyride
Joe Jonas- Work It Out (Debut)
Cyril- Stumblin In
Gracie Abrams- I Love You I'm Sorry (Debut)
Benson Boone- Death Wish Love (Debut)
Eminem/ Jelly Roll- Somebody Save Me
Charli XCX- Apple (Debut)
Paul Russell/ Meghan Trainor- Slippin (Debut)
Lawrence- Whatcha Want
Hayes Warner- Predator (Debut)
Alessia Cara- Dead Man (Debut)
FlowerOvLove- Boys
Dasha- Didn't I
Lisa- Rockstar
Isabel LaRosa- Favorite
Katseye- Debut

With the Jonas Brothers and DNCE, Joe Jonas rarely has time for solo music these days, but today, he has a new solo song out today called Work It Out. This is pretty good. The beat here reminds me of recent Porter Robinson music and Joe Jonas sounds quite good here per usual. I wish it was in a different key but it's fine.

I've been pretty underwhelmed by the singles from Gracie Abrams' album The Secret Of Us thus far, and Us sucked ass. But that album has some redeeming tracks, such as this one, I Love You I'm Sorry, which I've previously heard on Daniel's Hits Of The Future show. And this is just amazing. Sure, it's a bit slow, but Gracie Abrams sounds quite amazing, it has amazing melodies and lyrics, it evolves quite amazingly, and all this is capped off by the song being in Bb major. This deserves more success than the other three The Secret Of Us singles combined.

Next up, Benson Boone wrote a song for a new movie called Twister, the song is called Death Wish Love. Ok, this is pretty catchy. The production is a country/ folk/ EDM type, and Benson Boone's vocals go quite well with that type of production. Fun song.

I'm sorry, I don't get the appeal to Charli XCX's album Brat or why everyone is making memes about it. Well today, we have a new song from it called Apple. This is better than (and more normal than) Von Dutch and 360. It has a fun beat to it and Charli XCX sounds pretty good. so good song from an album I'll never get the appeal to.

Next up, we have one of my recommendations from last week, Slippin by Paul Russell and Meghan Trainor. This might be my favorite Paul Russell song thus far. Both he and Meghan Trainor sound quite goo here and have solid chemistry, and based on the description of the lyrics that Mikey Piff gave, they are a bit relatable for me. So, fun song.

Oh goodie... Hits 1 is apparently desperate for this new Hayes Warner song, so they're branding it a "Hits 1 exclusive" and playing it on Hitbound even though it's not on streaming platforms. There have been some major hits over the years that never made Hits 1, and they somehow played songs from JTX that are not on streaming platforms. Similar deal here, they have yet to pick up on Not Like Us by Kendrick Lamar, but yet this unreleased Hayes Warner song is here. On to the song... yeah, it's pretty good. It has a fun beat and Hayes Warner sounds good, I just fucking wish I could stream it soon.

Our last debut I believe we can stream, it's Alessia Cara's new song Dead Man. And this is pretty good. It's pretty fun and Alessia Cara sounds good, it's just more on the forgettable side for songs, although it has an interesting trumpet part. So solid song.

We lost Carry You Home, Us, Bad Emotions, Nice To Meet You, and Feeling Lucky. Carry You Home is in the abyss, so hopefully it debuts next week. Us sucked and was replaced by an infinitely better Gracie Abrams song, so couldn't care less. As for the other three, I never expected them to debut, especially Bad Emotions. So I'm fine with all of them that are gone for good being out.

Blurbs:
Our exits were End Of Beginning, So American, and Fortnight. End Of Beginning was getting pretty annoying, so I'm fine with its unexpected departure. I'm not entirely sure what happened to So American, with it dropping to #17 a couple weeks ago and leaving one week after rebounding. Lastly, Fortnight deserved no fucking success and I'm forever grateful it never hit #1, and let's also make sure I Can Do It With A Broken Heart never makes it to #1 either.

Hotel Party got a decent jump, although rather 7 instead of 24 like it did in the fake countdown last week.

Lunch fell shockingly hard, I wouldn't be surprised if this leaves next week.

Well, speak of the devil. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart, my new orange song, dropped 5 spots. I sure hope the downward movement continues.

Miles On It is finally in the top 15. Great to see.

Belong Together also jumped into the top 15. Not as great to see.

Houdini rebounded into the top 10. Hopefully, this makes the top 5 again.

Could we Please Please Please stop overrating the shit out of Sabrina Carpenter? Please Please Please in the top 10 is completely undeserved, and I'm quite tired of Espresso being #1. Hopefully, Good Luck Babe makes it to #1 soon.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)