Something happened one year ago this week (Week of 7/6/2024)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to another countdown post. This week was alright, but not all that great compared to this week last year and two years ago. We did get some great debuts this week, both on the countdown and HB. Let's just get into it, here are the exits:

Camila Cabello/ Lil Nas X- He Knows (#24 last week)
Benson Boone- Beautiful Things (#22 last week)
Coldplay- Feels Like I'm Falling In Love (#30 last week)

Countdown:
30. Crash Adams- Hotel Party (Debut)
29. Camila Cabello/ Drake- Hot Uptown (Debut)
28. Meghan Trainor- Whoops (+1)
27. Knox- Treadmill (Debut)
26. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (+2)
25. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (+2)
24. Charli XCX- 360 (+2)
23. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (-6)
22. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (-8)
21. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (+4)
20. David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don't Wanna Wait (-1)
19. Gracie Abrams- Risk (+1)
18. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (-2)
17. Olivia Rodrigo- So American (-10)
16. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (+5)
15. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (-2)
14. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (-4)
13. Teddy Swims- The Door (+2)
12. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+11)
11. Dasha- Austin (-2)
10. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (+2)
9. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (+2)
8. Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (-2)
7. Djo- End Of Beginning (+1)
6. Billie Eilish- Lunch (+12)
5. Eminem- Houdini (=)
4. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (=)
3. Dua Lipa- Illusion (=)
2. Hozier- Too Sweet (=)
1. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (=)
Countdown Extra: Lisa- Rockstar
Last Year's #1: Jonas Brothers- Waffle House (real countdown), David Kushner- Daylight (fake countdown)
#1 Two Years Ago: Nicky Youre/ Dazy- Sunroof
My Favorite Song Last Year: Pitbull/ Lil Jon- Jumpin (real countdown), David Guetta/ Anne Marie/ Coi Leray- Baby Don't Hurt Me (fake countdown)
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Doja Cat- I Like You
Recommendations For Hits 1: Sigala/ Trevor Daniel/ 24kgoldn- It's A Feeling and Alex Sampson- Blind

Our first debut is the latest from Crash Adams, this is called Hotel Party. And this is honestly my favorite song from them thus far. It gives off the vibes of DNCE, LMFAO, and Cobra Starship, and that is a definite compliment, plus, whoever is singing sounds quite good per usual. I hope this somehow replicate's Give Me A Kiss' success from last year.

Next up, Camila Cabello replaces herself with Hot Uptown with Drake. This is pretty fun, it reminds me of Drake's EDM album Honestly Nevermind from a couple years ago. They both sound pretty good here and I like the production here. Solid song.

Our last debut comes from Knox and his song Treadmill. Hits 1 has picked up on all of his songs since Not The 1975, but since the songs I've heard from him thus far are pretty good, I don't have a problem with this. And his new song, Treadmill, is among the best I've heard from him aside from Not The 1975. It's got a solid beat and good lyrics to it and Knox once again sounds quite good here. Glad this is here.

Hitbound
Katseye- Debut
Alex Warren- Carry You Home (Debut)
Moneybagg Yo/ Morgan Wallen- Whiskey Whiskey (Debut)
Kesha- Joyride (Debut)
Imagine Dragons- Nice To Meet You
Bibi/ Jackson Wang- Feeling Lucky
Gracie Abrams/ Taylor Swift- Us
Lisa- Rockstar
Lawrence- Whatcha Want
The Kid Laroi- Girls
Asse- Running Out Of Time
Upsahl- Summer So Hot
Isabel LaRosa- Favorite
Raye- Genesis Part 2
Henry Moodie- Bad Emotions
Bia/ JID- Lights Out

Our first debut, I have been enjoying for the past month. I think we remember Alex Warren from Before You Leave Me from earlier this year. Well, he got married pretty recently, and wrote this song, Carry You Home, for his now wife a few weeks leading up to their wedding. And yeah, this is quite good. This is well produced for what it's supposed to be and Alex Warren sounds quite good throughout, and the lyrics... well, I already said what the song is about, and naturally, the lyrics are quite sweet. Great song.

First, Lil Durk collaborated with Morgan Wallen on Broadway Girls and later Stand By Me. Then Post Malone collaborated with Morgan Wallen on I Had Some Help. Now, Moneybagg Yo has collaborated with Morgan Wallen on Whiskey Whiskey. When I first saw that this collab existed, I was kind of excited given how well both of Lil Durk's collabs with Morgan Wallen turned out. And yes, this turned out quite well. Morgan Wallen sounds quite good per usual and Moneybagg Yo delivers a solid verse. I hope this is on the countdown soon. 

Lastly, we have a new song from Kesha, this is called Joyride. I'll put it this way, it's solid but kind of forgettable compared to the other two debuts from this week. It bares resemblance to classic Kesha songs and she sounds solid throughout. So solid song.

For the first time in a long time, we have no HB dropouts this week.

Blurbs:
Our exits were He Knows, Beautiful Things, and Feels Like I'm Falling In Love. He Knows was great but nothing I could potentially revisit. Beautiful Things had a great run and will be missed. And I don't care that Feels Like I'm Falling In Love only lasted one week since I'm still not sold on it.

Belong Together debuted at #17 last week only to drop 6 spots this week. Ok then.

We just need to keep Miles On It from dropping next week.

Umm... what the fuck happened to So American?

Ugh. Could we please not make Please Please Please huge?

Out of nowhere, both Billie Eilish songs jumped >10 spots. Ok, cool.

Good Luck Babe ad A Bar Song are finally in the tp 10. Great to see.

For whatever reason, the top 5 did not change at all. I think it will be time for Houdini or I Had Some Help to dethrone Espresso from #1 next week.

I guess tht does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)