What wasn't leaked two days early (Week of 7/13/2024)

 
Hello everyone, welcome to... apparently this is the weekend before George Santos's birthday, so Daniel did a fifth fake countdown to commemorate, and claimed the countdown leaked on the app two days early. I actually fell for this and tried to avoid spoilers as I was out in the field these past two days in the Newark/ Granville area, so I couldn't check to see if it was actually there, which apparently it wasn't, according to Zestpond. So I listened to the countdown this morning and immediately knew that it was a prank. For reference, some of the things I did see before listening were Treadmill leaving, Whiskey Whiskey debuting, Us as the countdown extra, Houdini dropping four spots, Hotel Party jumping huge, and Illusion at #1. I noticed that none of those happened, starting with the fact that there were no exits at all, so let's just get into it.

Countdown:
30. Crash Adams- Hotel Party (=)
29. Charli XCX- 360 (-5)
28. Knox- Treadmill (-1)
27. Camila Cabello/ Drake- Hot Uptown (+2)
26. Meghan Trainor- Whoops (+2)
25. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (-2)
24. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (+2)
23. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (+2)
22. Taylor Swift/ Post Malone- Fortnight (-14)
21. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (=)
20. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (-2)
19. Gracie Abrams- Risk (=)
18. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (+4)
17. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (-5)
16. Eminem- Houdini (-11)
15. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (+1)
14. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (+1)
13. David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don't Wanna Wait (+7)
12. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (-3)
11. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (+3)
10. Teddy Swims- The Door (+3)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- So American (+8)
8. Dasha- Austin (+3)
7. Billie Eilish- Lunch (-1)
6. Djo- End Of Beginning (+1)
5. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (+5)
4. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (=)
3. Dua Lipa- Illusion (=)
2. Hozier- Too Sweet (=)
1. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (=)
Countdown Extra: The Kid Laroi- Girls
Last Year's #1: Jonas Brothers- Waffle House
#1 Two Years Ago: Nicky Youre/ Dazy- Sunroof
My Favorite Song Last Year: Pitbull/ Lil Jon- Jumpin
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Doja Cat- I Like You
Recommendations For Hits 1:
Ezra Collective/ Yazmin Lacey- God Gave Me Feet For Dancing
Alex Sampson- Blind
Alesso/ Nate Smith- I Like It
Paul Russell/ Meghan Trainor- Slippin
Hardy/ Knox- Happy Hour
Good Neighbours- Daisies

No exits means no debuts, so let's move on.

Hitbound:
Lisa- Rockstar
Dasha- Didn't I (Debut)
The Kid Laroi- Girls
Katy Perry- Woman's World (Debut)
Gracie Abrams/ Taylor Swift- Us
Katseye- Debut
Eminem/ Jelly Roll- Somebody Save Me (Debut)
FlowerOvLove- Boys (Debut)
Isabel LaRosa- Favorite
Alex Warren- Carry You Home
Henry Moodie- Bad Emotions
Imagine Dragons- Nice To Meet You
Cyril- Stumblin (Debut)
Kesha- Joyride
Lawrence- Whatcha Want
Bibi/ Jackson Wang- Feeling Lucky

Up first, we have Dasha's latest, Didn't I. I think I like this more than I like Austin. She once again sounds pretty good and it has a fun beat Fun song.

Oh boy, this next one is going to be interesting to talk about, and in neither a good nor a bad way. So for the first time since When I'm Gone with Alesso a couple years ago (if you're new here, I quite liked that song), Katy Perry is back with new music, this is called Woman's World. Apparently, people were worried about how this was going to turn out as Dr Luke was producing, and he's been involved in some controversies over the years while this song is supposed to be a female empowerment anthem. I wasn't too worried about that, since the last time I talked about Dr Luke was when he produced Stand By Me by Lil Durk and Morgan Wallen, which was my #1 song of 2023 (although I do agree that Dr Luke is an asshole). Now on to my opinion itself, it's way too underwhelming. Sure, Katy Perry sounds fine, and Dr Luke's production is solid, the song just can't decide what key it wants to be in and I feel like there's other songs I want to listen to whenever I hear this. I hope the rest of 143 is better than this, especially the one with 21 Savage.

Well thankfully, after that semi train wreck, we have a song from Eminem's new album The Death Of Slim Shady, this one being Somebody Save Me with Jelly Roll, and this samples Jelly Roll's song Save Me. Normally, I'd have a problem with that, but I don't. Ultimately, this samples Save Me in the same way the same way that Stan sampled Thank You by Dido, where he used the sampled song's first verse as the hook. So this kind of works, as the verses are about Eminem's past drug addictions preventing him from not being there for his daughters and wanting to apologize to them, and these verses are rapped over a beat similar to that of his song Lighters from 2011*. So yeah, all of this works, and I'm excited for what else The Death Of Slim Shady has on it.

*Lighters is by Bad Meets Evil, which Eminem is part of

And to finish out our list, we have two debuts by random newcomers, starting with Boys by FlowerOvLove. This is solid but not too memorable. I think she has an interesting voice and I like the beat this has, it's just a little bit forgettable. Not sure where this will go though.

And our final debut comes from Australian DJ Cyril, and this is his song Stumblin In, and Mitch said this is actually a remix of a song from 1979. I like how he modernized this, it has a good beat and the vocalists sound solid here, it feels a little bit generic and forgettable. It's okay though.

We lost Whiskey Whiskey, Genesis Part 2, Running Out Of Time, Summer So Hot, and Lights Out. Whiskey Whiskey is in the abyss, so hopefully, it debuts next week. Genesis Part 2was just there. Running Out Of Time was another Asse song that I have no intention of ever listening to again, and the last two probably should have debuted the countdown.

Blurbs:
I'm calling it, Hotel Party actually should have jumped 24 spots to #6 instead of holding on to the #30 spot.

360 dropped five spots. I honestly don't get the appeal to that album, so I'm fine with this.

Finally. Fortnight took a huge fall. Get the fuck out of here next week.

Houdini dropped more than Daniel had it dropping. I hope this makes somewhat of a recovery, pun semi intended.

Super happy that I Don't Wanna Wait is starting to get success.

And, of course, with Fortnight on its way out, that leaves the door open for I Can Do It With A Broken Heart to start doing well.

Not sure what the point of So American dropping huge last week was if it was just going to re-enter the top 10 again this week.

Yes! Good Luck Babe is now in the top 5! Hopefully, this hits #1 soon.

...and then the entire top 4 held their respective spots from last week. I think we need a new #1 next week, I Had Some Help and Good Luck Babe would be my top choices for the next #1.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)