I guess it is the summer of yeehaw after all (Week of 8/3/2024)

 

Hello everyone. Wow, it's about time we had a week like we had this week. The top 5 has been shaken up, and Espresso is no longer #1. Let's get into it, here are our exits for this week:

The Kid Laroi- Girls (#26 last week)
Katy Perry- Woman's World (#27 last week)
David Guetta/ OneRepublic- I Don't Wanna Wait (#15 last week)

Countdown:
30. Hayes Warner- Predator (Debut)
29. Halsey- Lucky (Debut)
28. Alex Warren- Carry You Home (+2)
27. Camila Cabello- Hot Uptown (+2)
26. Crash Adams- Hotel Party (-1)
25. Charli XCX- 360 (-1)
24. Gracie Abrams- Risk (-10)
23. Knox- Treadmill (+5)
22. Meghan Trainor- Whoops (Re-entry)
21. Myles Smith- Stargazing (+2)
20. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (-9)
19. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (-2)
18. Billie Eilish- Lunch (+2)
17. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (+4)
16. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (+6)
15. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (+4)
14. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (+4)
13. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (+3)
12. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (=)
11. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+2)
10. Hozier- Too Sweet (-8)
9. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (-8)
8. Dasha- Austin (=)
7. Eminem- Houdini (=)
6. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (-1)
5. Teddy Swims- The Door (+5)
4. Dua Lipa- Illusion (-1)
3. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (+1)
2. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (+7)
1. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (+5)
Countdown Extra: Kesha- Joyride
Last Year's #1: Crash Adams- Give Me A Kiss
#1 Two Years Ago: Harry Styles- Late Night Toppling
My Favorite Song Last Year: Lil Durk/ Morgan Wallen- Stand By Me
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Black Eyed Peas/ Shakira/ David Guetta- Don't You Worry
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Mike Will/ Lil Yachty/ Lil Wayne- High3r

Up first is that Hayes Warner song Hits 1 was so fucking desperate for its release that they branded it a Hits 1 exclusive one week before its actual release. Update: I believe this is now on streaming platforms, but my opinion from previously still stands. It has a fun beat and Hayes Warner sounds pretty good, it's just a little bit forgettable. That's all.

Next up, Halsey is back with new music since that insanely boring song The End from earlier this year, this is called Lucky. This is so much better than The End, but still not that great. It samples Britney Spears' song of the same title, and this sample is executed flawlessly, it's just a little bit forgettable though.

Lastly, Whoops by Meghan Trainor re-entered. Not sure what the point of it leaving last week was if it was just going to come back one week later, not to mention it had decent airplay these past two weeks.

Hitbound:
Dasha- Didn't I
Charli XCX/ Billie Eilish- Guess (Debut)
Joe Jonas- Work It Out
Maren Morris- Push Me Over (Debut)
Madison Beer- 15 Minutes (Debut)
MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
Megan Thee Stallion/ Yuki Chiba- Mamushi (Debut)
Kesha- Joyride
Gracie Abrams- I Love You I'm Sorry
Charli XCX- Apple
Paul Russell/ Meghan Trainor- Slippin
Cyril- Stumblin In
Jessie Murph/ Teddy Swims- Dirty (Debut)
Benson Boone- Death Wish Love
Lisa- Rockstar
Role Model- Scumbag

Oh finally, a good song from Brat. This is a collaboration with Billie Eilish called Guess, and it's quite good. The production is super fun and both of them sound good. Yes, Billie Eilish can do EDM songs the right way, and I'd honestly like to see more Billie Eilish EDM songs somewhere down the line. Anyways, Charli XCX and Billie Eilish have surprisingly solid chemistry together. Banger, deserves more success than the rest of Brat.

Next up, we have new Maren Morris music for the first time in a decent bit, this is called Push Me Over. Not a whole lot to say, nothing memorable here at all, and it feels a little bit boring. So not a huge-ish fan.

Oh goodie, now time to talk about this song. It's 15 Minutes by Madison Beer, which is about 3 minutes long, but Daniel played a 15 minute version of this on his Hits Of The Future show to try and troll us. Now, a couple weeks later, the actual version is on HB. And, what do you know, when it's the right length, it's quite good. I like the EDM beat this has and Madison Beer sounds quite good. So fun song.

This next song has been going viral on Tiktok lately, it's Mamushi by Megan Thee Stallion and Japanese rapper Yuki Chiba, and it's from Megan Thee Stallion's latest album. This is just good, mainly because I'm unable to understand any of the Japanese lyrics here, but the beat is solid and Megan Thee Stallion's English rapping is on point like always. This could grow on me though.

And lastly, we have Jessie Murph and Teddy Swims collaborating on Dirty. I'm gonna be completely honest, this reminds me of II Most Wanted by Beyonce and Miley Cyrus from earlier this year, and in a good way too. Again, it's still a little bit slow, and that's my only real complaint, because Jessie Murph sounds better than she normally does and has solid chemistry with Teddy Swims. So, I'm normally not fine with them picking up on Jessie Murph's music, but I'm fine with them picking up on this.

We lost Dead Man, Boys, and Guy For That. Only the last one was that great, and I do believe it should have debuted.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Girls, Woman's World, and I Don't Wanna Wait. I hope Girls eventually re-enters while Woman's World doesn't. And I Don't Wanna Wait was another amazing David Guetta banger that will definitely be missed.

Risk took a not so shocking fall. I wouldn't be surprised if this leaves next week.

The Boy Is Mine also dropped huge. This is starting to fade on me a little bit but is still a good song.

Million Dollar Baby finally made the top 20. Let's go!!

Umm... maybe if I Can Do It With A Broken Heart never made the top 10 again, that would be great.

Too Sweet and Espresso finally took falls out of the top 2. About time that happened, although I still quite like Too Sweet.

That said, Sabrina Carpenter came dangerously close to replacing herself at #1 this week with Please Please Please. I really hope this gets blocked, because it's arguably the worst SabCarp song I have heard this year.

But as for now, our new #1 is A Bar Song! Yes! I'm super glad this has now hit #1 because it is such a fucking banger and I don't care what Waffle says about it. Let's just hope this blocks Please Please Please, but hopefully, I Had Some Help can make it there too.

I Guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)