Major cooldown (Week of 8/10/2024)

 

So, um, this could have been a bit better given all of the energy towards the end of last week's countdown, but it was decent enough. Let's just begin, here is our one exit:

Myles Smith- Stargazing (#21 last week)

Countdown:
30. Upsahl- Summer So Hot (Debut)
29. Alex Warren- Carry You Home (-1)
28. Hayes Warner- Predator (+2)
27. Camila Cabello/ Drake- Hot Uptown (=)
26. Halsey- Lucky (+3)
25. Knox- Treadmill (-2)
24. Charli XCX- 360 (+1)
23. Crash Adams- Hotel Party (+3)
22. Gracie Abrams- Risk (+2)
21. Tommy Richman- Million Dollar Baby (-4)
20. Meghan Trainor- Whoops (+2)
19. Billie Eilish- Lunch (-1)
18. Hozier- Too Sweet (-8)
17. Ariana Grande- The Boy Is Mine (+3)
16. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (-1)
15. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (+1)
14. Benson Boone- Slow It Down (+5)
13. Madison Beer- Make You Mine (+1)
12. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (=)
11. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (+2)
10. Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso (-1)
9. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+2)
8. Eminem- Houdini (-1)
7. Dasha- Austin (+1)
6. Dua Lipa- Illusion (-2)
5. Teddy Swims- The Door (=)
4. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (+2)
3. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (=)
2. Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (=)
1. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (=)
Countdown Extra: Jessie Murph/ Teddy Swims- Dirty
Last Year's #1: Crash Adams- Give Me A Kiss
#1 Two Years Ago: Nicky Youre/ Dazy- Sunroof
My Favorite Song Last Year: Lil Durk/ Morgan Wallen- Stand By Me 
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Black Eyed Peas/ Shakira/ David Guetta- Don't You Worry
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Clean Bandit/ Anne Marie/ David Guetta- Crybaby

We have one debut this week, and it's Summer So Hot by Upsahl making its way out of the abyss. I remember her from Happy Endings by Mike Shinoda a few years ago, which also featured Iann Dior, and today, she brings us Summer So Hot. This is super cool. It has a fun beat and Upsahl sounds quite good, it's worth mentioning that I've gotten behind the lyrics about skinny dipping. So honestly, a fun summer song.

Hitbound:
Jessie Murph/ Teddy Swims- Dirty
Katy Perry- Lifetimes (Debut)
MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
Megan Thee Stallion/ Yuki Chiba- Mamushi
Charli XCX- Apple
Role Model- Scumbag
Khalid- Heatstroke (Debut)
Madison Beer- 15 Minutes
Beabadoobee- Beaches (Debut)
Shawn Mendes- Why Why Why (Debut)
Finneas- For Cryin Out Loud (Debut)
Kesha- Joyride
Dasha- Didn't I
All Time Low- Dear Maria Count Me In (ATL's Version) (Debut)
Maren Morris- Push Me Over
Joe Jonas- Work It Out

Up first is the second single from Katy Perry's album 143, this is called Lifetimes. Thankfully, this leagues better than Woman's World. It makes a whole lot more sense and the key stays consistent throughout, plus, Katy Perry sounds quite good. Hopefully, it doesn't flop harder than J Christ.

It's been a couple years since I last heard from Khalid, and today, he brings us Heatstroke. This is honestly pretty cool. It has a decent indie vibe that works quite well, and Khalid sounds great here per usual. Great song.

Up next, we have what might be Beabadoobee's best song, this is called Beaches. If you've been here for a decent bit, you might remember I was the only one on the entire server that liked Coffee For Your Head, and this new song is also better than that song. It's among Beabadoobee's better vocal performances, it has a fun pop punk type production, and it's in Bb major. So that all spells out great song.

Shawn Mendes put out a couple songs yesterday... neither of them were that great imo. And one of those songs, Why Why Why, is on here. This is a bit mediocre. It's a bit slow for my liking (although not as boring as It'll Be Okay from about 2.5 years ago, anyone remember that snoozefest?) and he has sounded better before. 

Next up, we have Finneas making his return to Hitbound since I'm not sure when (this is not counting any Billie Eilish or Asse songs he's produced, btw). This is called For Cryin Out Loud, and it's solid. He sounds pretty good and his production is better than it normally is, it's just a little bit forgettable. Still good though.

Lastly, I'm not all that familiar with older All Time Low music, but they've been around for about 20 years now and are doing an album of re-recordings, starting with "their version" of their 2008 single Dear Maria Count Me In. Well, needless to say, they can do re-recordings of their songs better than Taylor Swift can. And this new version of DMCMI is a banger, even though I don't think I've ever heard the original before. Anyways, it's another banger from them and Alex Gaskarth sounds great per usual. Great song.

We lost Guess, Death Wish Love, Rockstar, Stumblin In, Slippin, and I Love You I'm Sorry. Guess was the best Brat song and will be missed, as will Death Wish Love. Rockstar was starting to grow on me, so I'm sad that's gone, Stumblin In existed, I guess, and the last two deserved to debut the countdown.

Blurbs:
Our lone exit was Stargazing. I'm sure it's not done for good, it's in the abyss, so hopefully, it re-enters.

Great to see Hotel Party jumping again.

Why did Million Dollar Baby fall back again?

Too Sweet looks to be on its way out. I can't complain at all, it had a great run here.

That's really everything, except Please Pease Please got blocked again. Hopefully this continues to get blocked and it is Good Luck Babe or I Had Some Help that dethrones A Bar Song.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.


Comments

  1. Titles for Blurbs every 2024 countdown (so far):
    January:
    I'm a Blurb in Motion
    Pick Up the Blurbs
    Blurbing Next to You
    Wherever U Blurb
    February:
    These Beautiful Blurbs That I Got
    You Can Fall in Blurbs Again
    I Put That on My Blurbs
    Blurbing Season's Over
    March:
    Wait 'Til I Turn My Blurbs On
    Texas Blurb 'Em
    Blurb of Beginning
    Blurbs Like This
    Did Your Blurbs Stop Workin'
    April:
    You're Too Blurb For Me
    Til The Day I Blurb
    I'm Blurbing Late, Cause I'm a Singer
    For a Blurbnight
    May:
    I Act Like It's My Blurbday, Every Day
    Everybody At The Bar Gettin' Blurby
    The Blurb is Mine
    That Blurb for Lunch
    June:
    I Don't Wanna Blurb
    The Blurbing
    So Blurbican
    Blurbs, You Messed Up
    Belong Blurbgether
    July:
    Blurbmill
    Blurbs
    Blurbgazing
    Blurby You Home
    August (So Far):
    She's So Blurby
    Blurber So Hot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)