My review on F1Trillion

 Hello everyone, today I will be reviewing Post Malone's country album F1Trillion. Let's get into it.
Ok, so I know it's been over a year since I last did an album review post, but there was many things I've been busy with. However, I was very interested in the fact that Post Malone was going full country, and so I opted to review this album. Since it's been a while since I last did an album review, let me refresh you on how I do these: I review it track by track, and then give each track my ranking of great, good, decent, mediocre, or awful. Let's just get started then.

1. Wrong Ones (with Tim McGraw)

So this is the opening track to the album, and it is a solid intro. It has a fun beat and both Post Malone and Tim McGraw sound quite good here. I heard this was supposed to be a single, and I hope it does become one.
Ranking: Great

2. Finer Things (with Hank Williams Jr)

I don't think I've heard of Hank Williams Jr before, but a friend of mine told me that this song was his favorite, and I can kind of agree. This is a cool track, and both Post Malone and Hank Williams Jr sound great here, it's in G Minor, and I like the lyrics about having "the finer things." So far my favorite.
Ranking: Great

3. I Had Some Help (with Morgan Wallen)

Ah yes, this one. The one that started it all and is currently #3 on Hits 1. I really don't need to go over this again, my opinion is the same as it's always been and it definitely isn't fading on me anytime soon. Hopefully it makes it to #1 on Hits 1 soon.
Ranking: Great

4. Pour Me A Drink (with Blake Shelton)

I also talked about this in previous Hits 1 posts, and my opinion here still stands. It is another banger here and gives off major Caamp vibes. I wish this didn't flop super hard.
Ranking: Great

5. Have The Heart (with Dolly Parton)

Ok, this is pretty good, and an interesting collab. Dolly Parton actually appeared on Cheat Codes' country project from last year, so this actually makes sense. Anyways, we are 5 for 5 on great songs that are likely to be on my year end best list. This is another country banger and the two of them have surprisingly solid chemistry in the hook, and the lyrics are solid, the song is about not being able to let anyone down.
Ranking: Great

6. What Don't Belong To Me

I talked about this earlier today in my Hits 1 post, and it is such a great song. It has a great beat, it's in Bb major, and honestly doesn't need any guest appearances. It's great as it is.
Ranking: Great

7. Goes Without Saying (with Brad Paisley)

Just another banger on here. It has a great beat and they both sound quite good. This is honestly a perfect album so far.
Ranking: Great

8. Guy For That (with Luke Combs)

So this is the last of the four songs that I previously talked about in Hits 1 posts, and it's still great. I think it's another great Post Malone country song, and both he and Luke Combs sound great here.
Ranking: Great

9. Nosedive (with Lainey Wilson)

So I first heard this on Daniel's Hits Of The Future show, and I'm glad this was the one he added. Sure, this is slower than some of the others, but it's in Bb major and they both sound great. Lainey Wilson redeemed herself here after she did Save Me with Jelly Roll earlier this year.
Ranking: Great

10. Losers (with Jelly Roll)

And speaking of Jelly Roll... well, he's on the next track here, and yet another banger track here, though not as good as Somebody Save Me or especially Lonely Road. Just like every guest appearance, Jelly Roll has great chemistry with Post Malone. Don't have anything else to say, just a great song.
Ranking: Great

11. Devil I've Been (with Ernest)

I know Ernest from a couple songs he did with Morgan Wallen in the past. So he's now here, and what do you know, this is another great song. It has a great beat and they both sound great, I guess I'm writing the same thing for every song here.
Ranking: Great

12. Never Love You Again (with Sierra Ferrell)

So this is the first one that I'm not enjoying as much as the previous 11. It is the slowest one so far, and it's not really in a key to make it great, but still tolerable. Although the violin solo stands out.
Ranking: Good

13. Missin You Like This (with Luke Combs)

Looks like he already made Guy For That Part 2. But this isn't what Miles On It is to One Thing Right or what 2 The Moon is to Give Me Everything. It's a lot slower than Guy For That, which is full of bro country energy, and is not in a key that would make it great. So we did start to take a wrong turn here...
Ranking: Good

14. California Sober (with Chris Stapleton)

Ok, we're back to how the earlier songs in the album were. It has a great beat here. I think Chris Stapleton has one of the most unique voices in country music, and he sounds great here too, as does Post Malone, of course. So, fun song.

Ranking: Great

15. Hide My Gun (with Hardy)

So this was the one I had the highest expectations for, as I've been enjoying Hardy's song Happy Hour with Knox from last month lately. This, however, isn't like that. It's pretty slow but they both sound fine. I wanted this to be good like the earlier songs were.
Ranking: Good

16. Right About You

So this one without any guest appearances isn't as good as What Don't Belong To Me, but still great, it has a great beat and he once again sounds great.
Ranking: Great

17. M-E-X-I-C-O (with Billy Strings)

Ok this one is also pretty fun. It has a wild beat and both of them sound great. We also get violin and guitar solos, so added bonus.
Ranking: Great

18. Yours

So this is the last one on the album. It has no guest appearances, and I remember Spyder previously talking about a song he wrote for his daughter in previous countdowns, and I think this is what he was talking about. This is alright. So not a really great way to conclude the album, but he still sounds solid and the beat is alright.
Ranking: Good

So overall, great album. There were a few tracks that weren't etirely great, but I liked the majority of it. There were definitely some standout tracks. I'll be back next week with my normally scheduled countdown post.


Comments

  1. I want Lose my Breath and The girl, so confusing on Hits 1. I also want Boom Boom Bass and You Look Like You Love Me as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)