Continuing the streak (Week of 10/12/2024)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to another post. This was a fairly interesting week, we got sone decent movement and one of my favorite songs of the year re-entered. Let's just get into it, here are our exits:

Shaboozey- A Bar Song (#23 last week)
Megan Thee Stallion/ Yuki Chiba- Mamushi (#24 last week)

Countdown:
30. Billie Eilish- Wildflower (Debut)
29. Linkin Park- The Emptiness Machine (Re-entry)
28. Addison Rae- Diet Pepsi (-1)
27. Kendrick Lamar- Not Like Us (+1)
26. Meghan Trainor- Criminals (+3)
25. Jelly Roll- I Am Not Okay (+5)
24. Katy Perry/ Doechii- I'm His He's Mine (+2)
23. Katseye- Touch (+2)
22. Benson Boone- Pretty Slowly (-1)
21. Kesha- Joyride (+1)
20. Khalid- Heatstroke (-4)
19. Tate McRae- It's Ok I'm Ok (+1)
18. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (+1)
17. Charli XCX- Apple (=)
16. Halsey- Ego (-3)
15. The Weeknd- Dancing In The Flames (+3)
14. Coldplay/ Burna Boy/ Little Simz/ Elyanna/ Tini- We Pray (=)
13. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (+2)
12. Myles Smith- Stargazing (-8)
11. Charli XCX- 360 (=)
10. Alex Warren- Carry You Home (+2)
9. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (-1)
8. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (+1)
7. Lady Gaga/ Bruno Mars- Die With A Smile (+3)
6. Dasha- Austin (=)
5. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (+2)
4. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (-2)
3. Sabrina Carpenter- Taste (+2)
2. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+1)
1. Chappell Roan- Hot To Go (=)
Countdown Extra: Lisa- Moonlit Floor
Last Year's #1: Miley Cyrus- Used To Be Young
#1 Two Years Ago: Charlie Puth/ Jungkook- Left And Right
My Favorite Song Last Year: Paul Russell- Lil Boo Thang
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: David Guetta/ Bebe Rexha- I'm Good
Recommendations For Hits 1:
Imagine Dragons/ Baker Boy- Take Me To The Beach
Loreen- Warning Signs
Arrested Youth- Is It Too Late To Start Over

First up, we have the latest single from Billie Eilish's Hit Me Hard & Soft album, this is called Wildflower. This is fine, better than Lunch and maybe even slightly better than Birds Of A Feather, but I'm not sold yet. It's a bit slow but the key of this song prevents me from having a more negative opinion, So yeah, this definitely has the potential to grow on me, we shall see.

Lasty, The Emptiness Machine re-entered. Well fucking deserved.

Hitbound
Myles Smith- Wait For You
Jennie- Mantra (Debut)
Henry Moodie- Good Old Days
Hayes Warner- Zip (Debut)
Kylie Minogue- Lights Camera Action
Knox- Invisible
Lisa- Moonlit Floor
Ava Max- Spot A Fake
Damiano David/ Labrinth- Silverlines
Halsey- I Never Loved You (Debut)
Alex Warren- Burning Down
Balu Brigada- So Cold
Dasha- Bye Bye Bye
Jelly Roll/ Halsey- Take A Bow (Debut)
Jon Bellion- Kid Again
Teddy Swims- Bad Dreams

So yeah, we have not one, but two Blackpink members with songs on HB this week, as Moonlit Floor by Lisa stays in and now Mantra by Jennie debuts this week. Ok, this kinda slaps. The beat here is super cool and Jennie sounds pretty good here. Fun song, better than some of Lisa's solo songs. 

Not entirely sure how I feel about Hits 1 picking up Hayes Warner anymore since they added a song of hers before its release... well now she has a song that is on streaming platforms called Zip. This is pretty good. The beat is cool and she sounds pretty good, honestly a little bit like Avril Lavigne here. So yeah, fun song.

Our last two debuts both come from Halsey, with the first one being the latest from her next album The Great Impersonator. This is called I Never Loved You, and I'm not exactly feeling this. It is a little bit boring, but it is definitely better than The End since there is at least somewhat of a beat. But otherwise, it is one of the weaker songs from the album, and I hope I hear better songs from it.

And then... she had a guest appearance on Jelly Roll's new album that dropped yesterday on the song Take A Bow. While this also a little bit slow, it picks up a little bit once the second verse hits, the key of this works and Jelly Roll and Halsey both sound good here. So yeah, surprisingly solid song.

We lost Good Feelings, Cowgirls, Every Part, and Somebody To Someone. The first two definitely deserved to debut, and I thought for sure Cowgirls would since it was getting airplay. Oh well, I'll never get Shits 1 as much as I'm supposed to. The last two, though, I'm fine with those leaving as I was never sold on them.

Blurbs:
Our exits were A Bar Song and Mamushi. A Bar Song had a great run and will definitely be missed, and Mamushi still continues to flop.

Ok then, a bit surprised to see I Am Not Okay jumping that huge off its debut.

Great to see Dancing In The Flames in the top 15 even though Timeless is definitely a lot better.

Noooo why did Stargazing fall out of the top 5 after only one week? Hopefully this rebounds.

Why is Austin still here?

Why is I Can Do It With A Broken Heart in the top 5 now? This has been here too damn long and needs to get the fuck out of here soon.

And that's pretty much it, with Hot To Go holding on to #1 and Birds Of A Feather about to become Billie Eilish's second ever #1 on here following Therefore I Am (reminder that that was Hits 1's #1 song of 2021 despite never hitting #1 on the weekend countdown and therefore counts as a #1 song on Hits 1).

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)