Most action I've seen this fall (Week of 10/5/2024)

 

Hello everyone. This was a solid week in terms of movement, while our countdown debuts were just decent and we only had two HB debuts, they were both good though. Let's just get into it, here are our exits:

Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please (#3 last week) (Wait, so it's leaving from #3? That's got to be the biggest... DRRRRRRROP! off the countdown ever)
MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road (#21 last week)
Linkin Park- The Emptiness Machine (#26 last week)

Countdown:
30. Jelly Roll- I Am Not Okay (Debut)
29. Meghan Trainor- Criminals (-2)
28. Kendrick Lamar- Not Like Us (=)
27. Addison Rae- Diet Pepsi (+2)
26. Katy Perry/ Doechii- I'm His He's Mine (Debut)
25. Katseye- Touch (=)
24. Megan Thee Stallion/ Yuki Chiba- Mamushi (+6)
23. Shaboozey- A Bar Song (-19)
22. Kesha- Joyride (Re-entry)
21. Benson Boone- Pretty Slowly (-4)
20. Tate McRae- It's Ok I'm Ok (+3)
19. Mark Ambor- Belong Together (-6)
18. The Weeknd- Dancing In The Flames (+6)
17. Charli XCX- Apple (+1)
16. Khalid- Heatstroke (+6)
15. Gracie Abrams- Close To You (-1)
14. Coldplay/ Burna Boy/ Little Simz/ Elyanna/ Tini- We Pray (+5)
13. Halsey- Ego (+7)
12. Alex Warren- Carry You Home (+3)
11. Charli XCX- 360 (+1)
10. Lady Gaga/ Bruno Mars- Die With A Smile (+6)
9. Marshmello/ Kane Brown- Miles On It (=)
8. Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe (-7)
7. Taylor Swift- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart (-1)
6. Dasha- Austin (+2)
5. Sabrina Carpenter- Taste (+5)
4. Myles Smith- Stargazing (+7)
3. Billie Eilish- Birds Of A Feather (+2)
2. Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help (=)
1. Chappell Roan- Hot To Go (+6)
Countdown Extra: Ava Max- Spot A Fake
Last Year's #1: Miley Cyrus- Used To Be Young
#1 Two Years Ago: Charlie Puth/ Jungkook- Left And Right
My Favorite Song Last Year: Paul Russell- Lil Boo Thang
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: David Guetta/ Bebe Rexha- I'm Good
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Linkin Park- Heavy Is The Crown

First up, after a decent bit of time in the abyss, I Am Not Okay by Jelly Roll makes its way on to the countdown. This is fine. It's a bit slow but Jelly Roll sounds pretty good and the lyrics are a bit assuring. So overall, I'm fine with this being here.

Next up, I'm His He's Mine by Katy Perry and Doechii made its way out of the abyss. And yeah... I still have mixed feelings on this. On one hand, I like the beat here, reminds me of those of Blueberry Faygo by Lil Mosey or I Like You by Post Malone and Doja Cat. I'm not sure how I feel about the vocals though. They're trying to rap in a moderately strange way in the hook but thankfully sound more like themselves in the verses. So yeah, definitely better than Woman's World but nowhere near as good as Lifetimes.

Lastly, Joyride by Kesha re-entered. Good to see it back.

Hitbound:
Damiano David/ Labrinth- Silverlines
Dasha- Bye Bye Bye
Knox- Invisible
Coldplay/ Ayra Starr- Good Feelings (Debut)
Lisa- Moonlit Floor (Debut)
Nightly- Every Part
Ava Max- Spot A Fake
Kylie Minogue- Lights Camera Action
Henry Moodie- Good Old Days
Teddy Swims- Bad Dreams
Balu Brigada- So Cold
Jon Bellion- Kid Again
Alex Warren- Burning Down
Myles Smith- Wait For You
Natalie Jane- Somebody To Someone
Morgan Wallen/ Ernest- Cowgirls

Only two debuts. Makes my job easier. First up, Coldplay put out Moon Music yesterday, and from it, we have Good Feelings with Ayra Starr. This is quite good. It reminds me of Satellite by Bebe Rexha and Snoop Dogg from last year and both Chris Martin and Ayra Starr sound pretty good here. Fun song.

Our other debut is Moonlit Floor by Lisa, and this samples Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer. This is solid, probably my favorite song from her aside from SG with DJ Snake, Ozuna, and Megan Thee Stallion from three years ago. Lisa sounds pretty good here and the beat is pretty good, the sample works quite well here too. Good to see this.

We lost Godspeed and Catch My Breath. Yep, I'm fine with both of these leaving.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Please Please Please, Lonely Road, and The Emptiness Machine. Please Please Please is now the second song to leave from #3, following Satellite by Harry Styles from last year. By shear coincidence, I hate both songs. And then Lonely Road did OK for what it was, but The Emptiness Machine got completely fucked over on here.

Looks like A Bar Song might leave next week, after its 19 spot drop this week. I can't complain at all, it had a great run on here.

Yeah, I'm also kinda hoping Belong Together leaves next week.

Great to see Dancing In The Flames continuing to jump.

Great seeing We Pray in the top 15.

Not as great seeing Ego there, however.

Die With A Smile isn't as great as I initially thought it was, so why is at #10?

Good Luck Babe dropped huge from #1 down to #8... I mean, probably should have stayed in the top 5 if it was no longer #1 this week, but you do you, Hits 1.

God, we really didn't need taste in the top 5.

I will take Stargazing in the top 5 though. I'm a bit surprised that it's here, but I now kinda want this to hit #1 soon.

And that brings us to our new #1, and it's Chappell Roan replacing herself at the top spot with Hot To Go. Also a bit unexpected, but I'll easily take it. I'm super happy she's becoming a thing everywhere with songs like Good Luck Babe and now this. (Kaleidoscope still thankfully hasn't entered the hot 100 and let's hope it stays that way.) It'll be interesting to see how long this holds at #1 for.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The streak has been snapped (Week of 1/27/2024)

Real Post (Week of 2/24/2023)

And so I concluded the first week of my current semester... (Week of 1/13/2024)