A few surprises (Week of 7/18/2026)
Hello everyone, welcome to another post. So it seems I was wrong about Mikey Piff being Spyder Harrison's full time replacement, as Mack and Jen hosted it this week. It looks as though we finally have a new #1 this week, before we go any further, here are our exits:
Bruno Mars- I Just Might (#5 last week)
Madonna/ Sabrina Carpenter- Bring Your Love (#12 last week)
Jason Derulo- Sexy For Me (#27 last week)
Countdown:
30. Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (Debut)
29. Slayyyter- Dance (+1)
28. Bella Kay- ILoveItILoveItILoveIt (-2)
27. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (Re-entry)
26. Ethan Burdick- Hold You (Debut)
25. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (+4)
24. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (+4)
23. Raye/ Hans Zimmer- Click Clack Symphony (+1)
22. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (-3)
21. PinkPantheress/ Zara Larsson- Stateside (-5)
20. Myles Smith- Heaven (+1)
19. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (+3)
18. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (+7)
17. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (+3)
16. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (+7)
15. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (+3)
14. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (+3)
13. Stella Lefty- Boston (+1)
12. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (+3)
11. Zara Larsson- Midnight Sun (-1)
10. OneRepublic- Need Your Love (+1)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (=)
8. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (=)
7. Ella Langley- Choosin Texas (=)
6. Bruno Mars- Risk It All (+7)
5. Sombr- Homewrecker (+1)
4. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (-1)
3. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (-1)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (-1)
1. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (+3)
Countdown Extra: Alessi Rose- Dependent
Last year's #1: Ed Sheeran- Azizam
#1 Two Years Ago: Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso
My Favorite Song Last Year: Alex Warren/ Rosé- On My Mind
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Crash Adams- Hotel Party
Recommendations For Hits 1:
Nickelback/ John 5- Rattle The Cage
Two Friends/ Iann Dior- Fire Escape
Jady/ Colby- Take What You Want
Our first debut comes from newcomer Alyssa Grace, this is called Bloodstream. I'm not fully sold on this one. It feels a bit on the slower side but it's still interesting enough to prevent me from hating this and Alyssa Grace has a solid singing voice. So I don't mind this being here.
Material Lover re-entered. I'll take that over Great Expectation debuting under all circumstances.
And saving the best for last, we have former 1TW Ethan Burdick making his second countdown appearance with Hold You. This is really good, a lot better than I Get The Picture. It is super upbeat, in Bb major, and Ethan Burdick sounds really good here. Also, I like the lyrics, they seem similar to those of H.O.L.Y. by Florida Georgia Line, Love Again by Dua Lipa, etc. Hopefully, this actually does something instead of rot in the bottom 5 for way too long, but since it debuted at #26, I like my chances.
Hitbound:
Role Model- Joy
Gracie Abrams- Minibar (Debut)
The Kid Laroi/ Kehlani- Girls
FlowerOvLove- In My Victoria's Secret (Debut)
Meek- Fabulous (Debut)
Akon- Ringtone
Bella Kay- I Deserve Better (Debut)
Teddy Swims- Break Up In Reverse
Don Toliver- E85
Sienna Spiro- Great Expectation
Charli XCX- Wink Wink
Knox- After The Afterparty
Marshmello/ Kelsea Ballerini- Another Drink
Alessi Rose- Dependent
Malcolm Todd- I Just Got Mad
Stella Lefty- Good At Leaving
So Gracie Abrams just dropped Daughter From Hell, and from it, we have Minibar, and this actually has background vocals from Audrey Hobert. This is pretty good. It has a rather solid beat and Gracie Abrams sounds pretty good, plus the harmonies from Audrey Hobert make this work. Solid song.
FlowerOvLove is back with more new music, this is called In My Victoria's Secret. When I saw that title, I thought this would sample Victoria's Secret by Jax, and if you're new here, I did not like that song at all. Though this isn't all that bad and doesn't even sample Jax's song. It has a normal sounding beat for FlowerOvLove's voice and she sounds pretty good here. Also, this is about needing to get over an ex. So yeah, a lot better than I was expecting.
This next song is one that I've heard on Daniel's HOF show at some point, I don't remember when. This is Fabulous by Meek. This is pretty good. It actually has a pretty good beat, I'm not exactly sold on her voice in the hook, where she sounds like another HOF plant, Valencia Grace, who didn't sound that good on her song Lucky You're A Star, which was on HOF at the end of last year. Back to this current Meek song, she sounds a lot better in the verses. So I feel like this could grow on me at some point.
And we're concluding this list with a new Bella Kay song, this is called I Deserve Better. This is rather mediocre. There is not a whole lot productionwise, it's mainly an acoustic guitar line, which isn't exactly appropriate for this sort of breakup song. Well, the beat does sort of come in at the end, but the problem is she's just repeating It's Not My Fault over and over again with an odd effect on her voice. If I were to judge, this could sour on me at some point.
We lost Look At My Life and Is It Love, both of which I'm fine with leaving, with Look At My Life being in the abyss.
Blurbs:
Our exits were I Just Might, Bring Your Love, and Sexy For Me. I Just Might was getting super old and spending way too long in the top 5, but probably should have dropped a bit instead of leaving from #5. I feel like Bring Your Love flopped for Sabrina Carpenter standards, but it was good to see Madonna getting a top 15 hit this long into her career. And I was sure Sexy For Me was going to leave at some point since it spent its entire run in the bottom 10.
Yeah, it looks like Edge Of The Earth is definitely rebounding.
I can't tell if Stateside is on its way out or if it will rebound next week.
The Time Of My Life and My Body Isn't Ready both jumped 7 spots on their 3rd weeks.
Bruno Mars does replace himself in the top 10, but Risk It All is a bit of a downgrade from I Just Might.
And we have a new #1 this week, one that I saw coming for a bit, Fever Dream by Alex Warren, marking his second ever #1 on here after Ordinary last year. I still can't complain that this made it here, especially since we haven't had a lot of #1s this year. I'm not sure how long this will last at #1, but we shall see.
I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.
Comments
Post a Comment