More seriously could happen (Week of 7/25/2026)

 

Hello everyone, welcome back to another post. This week was rather boring, the only thing major was a couple songs that could be on their way out. Let's get into it, here is our only exit this week:

PinkPantheress/ Zara Larsson- Stateside (#21 last week)

Countdown:
30. Noah Kahan- Orbiter (Debut)
29. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (-2)
28. Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (+2)
27. Slayyyter- Dance (+2)
26. Bella Kay- ILoveItILoveItILoveIt (+2)
25. Ethan Burdick- Hold You (+1)
24. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (+1)
23. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (+1)
22. Raye/ Hans Zimmer- Click Clack Symphony (+1)
21. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (+1)
20. Myles Smith- Heaven (=)
19. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (-1)
18. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (+1)
17. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (-1)
16. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (-2)
15. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (=)
14. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (-2)
13. Ella Langley- Choosin Texas (-6)
12. OneRepublic- Need Your Love (-2)
11. Stella Lefty- Boston (+2)
10. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (-2)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (=)
8. Zara Larsson- Midnight Sun (+3)
7. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (-4)
6. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (+11)
5. Bruno Mars- Risk It All (+1)
4. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (=)
3. Sombr- Homewrecker (+2)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (=)
1. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (=)
Countdown Extra: Sienna Spiro- Great Expectation
Last Year's #1: Sabrina Carpenter- Manchild
#1 Two Years Ago: Sabrina Carpenter- Espresso
My Favorite Song Last Year: AJR- Betty
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Alex Warren- Carry You Home
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Martin Garrix/ U2- Fireflies

We have one debut this week, and I haven't talked about it before. This is Orbiter by Noah Kahan. This is really just good. It feels like it takes a bit of time to get going, not to mention the song is about as long as The Great Divide from earlier this year, but at least Noah Kahan sounds good here and the song is in a tolerable key. Definitely has room for improvement.

Hitbound:
Stella Lefty- Good At Leaving
Charli XCX- Camera (Debut)
Teddy Swims- Break Up In Reverse
Katseye- Animal (Debut)
Jennie- Less Than A Lover (Debut)
Don Toliver- E85
Gracie Abrams- Minibar
Sienna Spiro- Pure (Debut)
Akon- Ringtone
Tyla- That Girl (Debut)
Temper City- Self Aware (Debut)
Meek- Fabulous
Bella Kay- I Deserve Better
Knox- After The Afterparty
DJ Goja/ Jason Derulo/ Melody- Mi Chico (Debut)
Role Model- Joy

So after some rather underwhelming Charli XCX songs that shockingly made me miss the Brat era, we have a new song that gives off those vibes, this is called Camera. And yes, I kind of enjoy this one a bit. It has the EDM type production I'm used to hearing on a Charli XCX song and she sounds really good. Plus, the latter part of the song reminds me a little bit of Guess from a couple years ago. So yeah, definitely an improvement over typical 2026 Charli XCX.

We have a new song from Katseye, this is called Animal. This has to be their second best song thus far, behind only Internet Girl from earlier this year. It's worth mentioning that Ethan said this sounded like APT by Rosé and Bruno Mars, and I can actually sort of see that, although this one feels less annoying, maybe because it hasn't gotten as huge. Anyways, the beat here is on point and all of them sound really good, so yes, amazing Katseye song.

So I briefly mentioned Rosé in my last blurb, now I get to talk about another Blackpink member, as Jennie's new song Less Than A Lover debuts. I'm not really sold on this one. It's rather on the forgettable side and not exactly in a key for something like this. At least Jennie does sound pretty good here, so I don't fully hate this.

So I feel like Sienna Spiro has actually been getting better and better at making ballads after the more upbeat Material Lover. And what we have here is Push. Yes, this is surprisingly tolerable. Sienna Spiro sounds better than normal and it is in a tolerable key. The main issue is, of course, that this is too slow for my liking. But overall, I'd say this is a step in the right direction.

Up next is the last forgettable debut before I get to talk about my two favorite debuts, this is That Girl by Tyla. This is just good. It has a solid beat to it and Tyla sounds pretty good, it just feels pretty forgettable. I just need to listen to it again.

Now we're talking. This next song has been viral on Tiktok for a hot minute, it's Self Aware by Temper City. I honestly quite enjoy this one. This has a fun groove to it and the lead vocalist of this band (I wasn't able to look up his name yet) sounds pretty good, and in the hook, he sounds a bit like Oliver Tree, to the point where this sort of sounds like Oliver Tree's song Life Goes On, and that was quite good. So yeah, I'm happy this went viral.

And lastly, we have this. It's a collaboration between DJ Goja, Jason Derulo, and Melody called Mi Chico. I usually like super random collaborations like this, and this is no exception. The Latin EDM production from DJ Goja is super catchy and both Jason Derulo and Melody sound good here. I'm glad I eventually heard this.

We lost Girls, In My Victoria's Secret, Great Expectation, Wink Wink, Another Drink, Dependent, and I Just Got Mad. It was good seeing Girls on here again for as long as we had it, I liked In My Victoria's Secret but not enough that I'm fully complaining, both Great Expectation and Wink Wink were replaced by better songs from the artist that made them, Another Drink should've debuted, and I can get away without the last two.

Blurbs:
Our exit was Stateside. This one has lasted a decent bit, plus it felt like it couldn't decde where to stay later on. 

Looks like Choosin Texas is on its way out. It has also been here for a very long time, so I'm not complaining.

I guess Mr Know It All lost its chance to go #1.

Hate That I Made You Love Me jumped huge to just outside the top 5. I hope it gets there soon, maybe this could be her first #1.

I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need to be better at getting these out (Week of 5/3/2025)

Back for real (Week of 4/11/2026)

First post of 2026 (and the beginning of a new era) (Week of 12/3/2026)