Momentum sort of continued but sort of regressed (Week of 8/15/2026)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to another post. Not a lot to say, let's just get into it, here are our exits: 

Audrey Hobert- Sue Me (#19 last week)
Myles Smith- Heaven (#20 last week)

Countdown:
30. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (Debut)
29. Katseye- Animal (=)
28. Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (+2)
27. Tame Impala- Loser (Debut)
26. Bella Kay- ILoveItILoveItILoveIt (-3)
25. Slayyyter- Dance (-10)
24. Noah Kahan- Orbiter (+4)
23. Olivia Dean- A Couple Minutes (+2)
22. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (+4)
21. Ariana Grande- Petal (+6)
20. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (+4)
19. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (-3)
18. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (+3)
17. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (+5)
16. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (+2)
15. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (-1)
14. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (-1)
13. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (-3)
12. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (-4)
11. Stella Lefty- Boston (=)
10. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (+7)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (=)
8. Alex Warren- Passenger (+4)
7. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (-1)
6. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (+1)
5. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (-1)
4. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (-1)
3. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (+2)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (=)
1. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (=)
Countdown Extra: Stella Lefty- Lean In Kiss Me
Last Year's #1: Sombr- Undressed
#1 Two Years Ago: Shaboozey- A Bar Song
My Favorite Song Last Year: Ed Sheeran- A Little More
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Tanner Grigoli/ Jordana Bryant- If I Know You

First up, we have arguably the biggest letdown of the entire countdown, Still by Karol G and Bruno Mars. I really expected this to be a lot better. It's entirely in English (not exactly a complaint there) and is a ballad (definitely a complaint). The slower production doesn't fit Karol G that well, but she and Bruno Mars at least sound good together, but yeah, to say I was underwhelmed by this is an understatement. They should have picked up on Karol G's song Ahi with Drake instead. 

Our other debut, from the soundtrack of the new Spider Man movie, is Loser by Tame Impala. This is pretty good. It has a nice beat to it and Tame Impala still sounds pretty good here. Great follow up to Dracula.

Hitbound:
Sienna Spiro- Pure
Katseye- Hootie Frutti (Debut)
Knox- 4.3 Forty
Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$
Stella Lefty- Lean In Kiss Me
Meek- Fabulous
Alex Warren- Rescuer
Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah (Debut)
Charli XCX- Camera
Role Model- Harmony (Debut)
Tyla- That Girl
Upsahl- I Like It
Robyn/ Zara Larsson- Talk To Me
Adela- Ain't In LA
Bella Kay- I Deserve Better
Bunt/ Lauren Spencer-Smith- Stay

Up first, we have new music from Katseye called Hootie Frutti. This is solid, exactly what I was expecting from them, but not as good as some of their other songs. It has an interesting beat and all of them sound pretty good. That's all I need to say.

Another week, another instance of a song from the new Spider Man movie on Hitbound. This is from Steve Lacy, who I think we remember from Bad Habit four years ago, this is called Oh Yeah. This is good, but definitely not as good as Bad Habit. It's catchy enough but feels rather forgettable. Steve Lacy does sound pretty good here, so I'll give it that. This needs more listens from me.

Lastly, we have a new song from Role Model's latest album, this is called Harmony. Again, this is solid enough. It feels a bit on the slower side, but the beat is decent enough and Role Model still sounds pretty good. Like the previous entry, this needs more listens from me.

We lost Minibar, which is in the abyss, so it could debut soon.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Sue Me and Heaven. I didn't think Sue Me would last super long on its second go around, but I would've preferred it didn't leave immediately after jumping 11 spots on its second week. And I also thought Heaven had more in it.

I don't think a 10 spot drop from Dance this early on was necessary.

I've decided I don't like Orbiter. It feels way too slow, too long, and gets repetitive at the end. Therefore, it shouldn't have jumped four spots.

I do like to see Been By Now jumping four spots though.

Also good to see Babydoll jumping.

Super happy that Repeat It and Passenger are both in the top 10.

Since Mr Know It All has grown on me a bit, I would love to see it hit #1 soon.

I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need to be better at getting these out (Week of 5/3/2025)

Back for real (Week of 4/11/2026)

First post of 2026 (and the beginning of a new era) (Week of 12/3/2026)