One of the more active countdowns in recent memory (Week of 8/8/2026)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to another post. This was one of the best weeks I've seen, likely the best one post Spyder Harrison. A lot of solid jumps and drops and five exits, I can't exactly recall when we last had that many. Let's get started, here are those exits:

Bruno Mars- Risk It All (#9 last week)
Sombr- Homewrecker (#3 last week)
Zara Larsson- Midnight Sun (#8 last week)
Ella Langley- Choosin Texas (#20 last week)
Ethan Burdick- Hold You (#21 last week)

Countdown:
30. Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (-6)
29. Katseye- Animal (-1)
28. Noah Kahan- Orbiter (+1)
27. Ariana Grande- Petal (Debut)
26. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (Debut)
25. Olivia Dean- A Couple Minutes (Re-entry)
24. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (-5)
23. Bella Kay- ILoveItILoveItILoveIt (-1)
22. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (+3)
21. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (+6)
20. Myles Smith- Heaven (-2)
19. Audrey Hobert- Sue Me (+11)
18. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (Debut)
17. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (-4)
16. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (+10)
15. Slayyyter- Dance (+8)
14. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (+2)
13. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (+1)
12. Alex Warren- Passenger (Debut)
11. Stella Lefty- Boston (+1)
10. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (+1)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (+1)
8. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (+9)
7. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (+8)
6. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (=)
5. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (+2)
4. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (=)
3. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (+2)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (=)
1. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (=)
Countdown Extra: Slayyyter- Brad New Chanel$
Last Year's #1: Sabrina Carpenter- Manchild
#1 Two Years Ago" Shaboozey- A Bar Song
My Favorite Song Last Year: The Kid Laroi- Hot Girl Problems
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Alex Warren- Carry You Home
Recommendations For Hits 1: Brooke Lee- Driver Drive and Karol G/ Drake- Ahi

Our first debut is the title track off Ariana Grande's album Petal. This is solid. It has in interesting enough beat to keep me entertained and she sounds good, this just feels a bit forgettable. I'll take it though.

It gets a lot better though, because next up, Morgan Wallen is back on the countdown for the first time in about a year with Been By Now. This is really good. I like the production on this, and he once again sounds really good, plus, it's in Bb major. Also, this seems to be about regretting something that was done during a relationship. So yeah, I would easily put this among his best songs, and that might be saying something.

For some cringe reason, A Couple Minutes by Olivia Dean is back on the countdown. Unnecessary...

This was almost Olivia Rodrigo's first ever HB dropout, but after a few weeks in the abyss, Stupid Song eventually debuts. This is rather solid. It has almost the same formula as Vampire from a few years ago, in which it starts out somewhat slow, but then it evolves after the first hook, and that's when it gets really good to the point where I might like it more than Drop Dead, and I honestly do. The song evolves really well and Olivia Rodrigo sounds good here per usual. I have no doubts that this will be huge, and I'm sort of ready for it.

And lastly, debuting all the way up at #12 for some reason, we have Passenger by Alex Warren. I'm not complaining at all about this, though, as I really like this one. It is super upbeat, in Bb major, and Alex Warren sounds really good here per usual. Also, this seems to be about a one sided relationship. This is easily among his best songs.

Hitbound:
Robyn/ Zara Larsson- Talk To Me
Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (Debut)
Bunt/ Lauren Spencer-Smith- Stay
Stella Lefty- Lean In Kiss Me (Debut)
Upsahl- I Like It (Debut)
Tyla- That Girl
Tame Impala- Loser (Debut)
Adela- Ain't It LA (Debut)
Gracie Abrams- Minibar
Alex Warren- Rescuer (Debut)
Knox- 4.3 Forty (Debut)
Bella Kay- I Deserve Better
Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$
Charli XCX- Camera
Sienna Spiro- Pure
Meek- Fabulous

Karol G put out a new album that contains collaborations with Bruno Mars and Drake, and now makes her first Hits 1 appearance since X with the Jonas Brothers back in 2020 with the Bruno Mars Collab, Still. I really expected this to be a lot better. It's entirely in English (not exactly a complaint there) and is a ballad (definitely a complaint). The slower production doesn't fit Karol G that well, but she and Bruno Mars at least sound good together, but yeah, to say I was underwhelmed by this is an understatement. By the way, I also listened to the Drake collab, Ahi, and that is really good, a lot better than this.

And we're still picking up on Stella Lefty songs, and today, she brings us Lean In Kiss Me. This is good at best. It has a decent enough beat and she sounds pretty good, this feels a bit forgettable. That's all.

Upsahl has brought another song to Hits 1 after Summer So Hot a couple years ago, this is called I Like It. I'd say this lives up to its title in a way. It has a super interesting beat and Upsahl sounds pretty good, something about this hasn't fully clicked, I can't seem to figure out what it is. I'll need to hear this one again.

Apparently, this next song was on the soundtrack for Spider Man: Brand New Day, at least that's what Mikey Piff said. Now, Tame Impala brings another song to Hits 1 called Loser. This is pretty good. It has a nice beat to it and Tame Impala still sounds pretty good here. Great follow up to Dracula.

It's now time for the latest artist that I initially discovered through Daniel's Hits Of The Future show making their Hits 1 debut, as Adela is now on Hitbound with Ain't It LA. This is solid. Adela has a really interesting vice and I like the beat to this, but there is something about this that hasn't fully clicked for me yet. We shall see what happens, though.

We're ending our list of debuts with two really good songs, starting with Alex Warren's latest, Rescuer. As mentioned, this is really good, it sounds like a mix of his songs Eternity and Passenger, both of which I have liked. Then we have the lyrics, and they seem to be about the time he first met his wife. Plus, he sounds good as always. Amazing song.

Lastly, we have a new Knox song called 4.3 Forty. Interesting football reference he used there, especially with the UC football season starting next month. Anyways, this is yet another banger from him, he sounds really great here per usual and I like the pop punk production on this like I do all his songs. Super fun.

We lost Self Aware, Mi Chico, Joy, Less Than A Lover, and Good At Leaving. Thankfully, the first two are the ones in the abyss, so fingers crossed that they eventually debut. I'm fine with the rest leaving, while I liked Joy, It was never super memorable, plus, Raye and her sisters made a better song with that title.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Risk It All, Homewrecker, Midnight Sun, Choosin Texas, and Hold You. Those first four lasted a really long time and it was getting time for them to go, and Hold You should still be here, it is a lot better than I Get The Picture.

I'm still not completely sold on Bloodstream, but I still don't think it needed to fall to the bottom of the countdown. If it leaves next week, I won't complain though.

Jeez, Earrings still can't decide what to do.

Looks like Material Lover is starting to do something.

I wasn't expecting Sue Me to jump that huge off the re-entry, but I guess I'll take it.

I'm fine with Edge Of The Earth just outside the top 15.

Guess Dance is finally starting to become a hit here.

Of course House Tour and My Body Isn't Ready are in the top 10 now. Not entirely surprised.

On Week 30, Dracula made #3. I'd like to see this hit #1 soon, and if this first hits #1 in three weeks, it will break the record for longest time to reach #1, regardless of 45 or 30 songs, previously set in 2015 by Honey I'm Good by Andy Grammer, which took 32 weeks to reach the top spot. We shall see.

I guess that does it for me this week, see you guys next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need to be better at getting these out (Week of 5/3/2025)

Back for real (Week of 4/11/2026)

First post of 2026 (and the beginning of a new era) (Week of 12/3/2026)