There's a stepback (Week of 8/28/2026)
Hello everyone, welcome to another post. After a couple interesting weeks, this week wasn't as interesting. Let's get into it, here is our only exit:
Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (#28 last week)
Countdown:
30. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (=)
29. Audrey Hobert- Sue Me (Re-entry)
28. Bella Kay- ILoveItILoveItILoveIt (-2)
27. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (-5)
26. Ariana Grande- Petal (-5)
25. Tame Impala- Loser (+2)
24. Slayyyter- Dance (+1)
23. Noah Kahan- Orbiter (+1)
22. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (-2)
21. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (-3)
20. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (-1)
19. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (-2)
18. Olivia Dean- A Couple Minutes (+5)
17. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (-2)
16. Katseye- Animal (+13)
15. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (-2)
14. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (+2)
13. Alex Warren- Passenger (-5)
12. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (+2)
11. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (-1)
10. Stella Lefty- Boston (+1)
9. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (-5)
8. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (-3)
7. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (-5)
6. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (=)
5. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (+2)
4. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (-3)
3. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (+9)
2. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (+1)
1. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (+8)
Countdown Extra: Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah
Last Year's #1: Sombr- Undressed
#1 Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help
My Favorite Song Last Year: Ed Sheeran- A Little More
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Koe Wetzel/ Ella Langley- Jaded
We don't have any debuts, but we do have a re-entry from Sue Me. Not sure what the point of it leaving after jumping 11 spots was if it would re-enter one week later.
Hitbound:
Upsahl- I Like It
Stella Lefty- Summer You Were Mine (Debut)
Adela- Ain't It LA
Lexi Jayde- Misunderstood (Debut)
Bunt/ Lauren Spencer-Smith- Stay
Bella Kay- I Deserve Better
Katseye- Hootie Frutti
Knox- 4.3 Forty
Meek- Fabulous
Alex Warren- Rescuer
Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah
Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$
Sienna Spiro- Pure
Robyn/ Zara Larsson- Talk To Me
Role Model- Harmony
Tyla- That Girl
Only two debuts this week, first up is a song from Stella Lefty's new album called Summer You Were Mine. This is actually pretty good. The production here is a little bit on the chill side, with the lyrics being about reflection on a summertime relationship, as the title suggests. Plus, she sounds pretty good per usual. I'll take this.
For our other debut, we have longtime Hunter plant Lexi Jayde making her Hits 1 debut with Misunderstood. This is better than I was anticipating it to be. It's on the slower side but has an interesting enough beat, honestly one that I could envision Alex Warren singing over given the key it's in. It's a breakup song, and Mikey Piff said this was likely about an actual breakup that Lexi Jayde went through. Yeah, super good song.
We lost Lean In Kiss Me and Camera. Lean In Kiss Me was replaced by a better Stella Lefty song and I was never completely sold on Camera.
Blurbs:
Our only exit was Bloodstream. I'm fine with this leaving, it just never clicked.
I don't know why Been By Now had to drop off the jump.
We seriously don't need A Couple Minutes to be a thing again.
Though it is good to see Animal starting to get the recognition it deserves.
Looks like Dracula unfortunately won't hit #1.
Drop Dead is finally on its way out.
And speaking of Olivia Rodrigo songs, The Cure jumped 8 spots to #1. I feel like this is growing on me, so I'm currently fine with this being #1. But I feel like it could get annoying since we haven't had a lot of #1 songs this year, but we shall see.
I guess that does it for me in this post see you guys in the next one.
Comments
Post a Comment