I'll take this (Week of 9/5/2026)
Hello everyone, welcome to another post. This was slightly more active than last week, and the real story is in Hitbound, where not one, but two songs that I first heard on Daniel's HOTF show are on HB this week. Let's just get into it, here are our exits:
Olivia Dean- A Couple Minutes (#18 last week)
The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (#21 last week)
Countdown:
30. Jonas Brothers- Listen When Sad (Debut)
29. Charli XCX- Camera (+1)
28. Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah (-1)
27. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (+1)
26. Tame Impala- Loser (-1)
25. Audrey Hobert- Sue Me (-5)
24. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (-1)
23. Slayyyter- Dance (+1)
22. Ariana Grande- Petal (+4)
21. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (-2)
20. Gracie Abrams- Minibar (Debut)
19. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (+10)
18. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (+4)
17. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (=)
16. Katseye- Animal (=)
15. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (-6)
14. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (=)
13. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (+2)
12. Alex Warren- Passenger (-1)
11. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (+1)
10. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (-3)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (-1)
8. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (+5)
7. Stella Lefty- Boston (+3)
6. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (=)
5. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (-1)
4. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (-1)
3. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (+2)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (-1)
1. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (+1)
Countdown Extra: Stella Lefty- Summer You Were Mine
Last Year's #1: Sombr- Undressed
#1 Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help
My Favorite Song Last Year: Ed Sheeran- A Little More
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
Recommendations For Hits 1: Isabel Dumaa- All American and Ellie Goulding- For Your Entertainment
Our first debut is from the Jonas Brothers, this is called Listen When Sad. After another listen to this, I can safely say I like this one. It has a really good pop punk production that does not sound sad at all, and all of them sound really good here. I'll take this.
Lastly, after a few weeks in the abyss, Minibar by Gracie Abrams, which actually has background vocals from Audrey Hobert is on here. This is pretty good. It has a rather solid beat and Gracie Abrams sounds pretty good, plus the harmonies from Audrey Hobert make this work. Solid song.
Hitbound:
Lexi Jayde- Misunderstood
Miley Cyrus- Bass Persuades (Debut)
Knox- 4.3 Forty
Adela- Nicole Kidman (Debut)
Lisa- Sawadika (Debut)
Sienna Spiro- Pure
Monic/ Gone Astray- Meant To Be (Debut)
Jamie Miller- Babydoll (Debut)
Katseye- Hootie Frutti
Asse- Stop The Wedding
Olivia Rodrigo- Serena Joy
Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$
Alex Warren- Emerald Eyes
Stella Lefty- Summer You Were Mine
Role Model- Harmony
LilyIsThatYou- Nostalgia Baby
Up first, Miley Cyrus is starting a new era, where she is now just Miley on social media channels but still keeps her last name on streaming platforms, her new song is called Bass Persuades. This is really good, a lot different than what I usually hear from her, it almost reminds me of something like Evacuate The Dancefloor by Cascada or Hung Up by Madonna, both of those are really good songs. I also like the lyrics, where she seems to be encouraging people to go out and have a good time instead of staying in. Great song.
Adela recently put out her new album Prima, and from it we have Nicole Kidman. This is honestly pretty good. It has a rather fun beat and she sounds pretty good here, one of her better vocal performances. Good song.
Lisa is also back with new music, this is called Sawadika, whatever the fuck that means. This is a solid song. It's exactly what you'd expect from her, in terms of the beat and lyrics, and that is a good thing here. Plus, both her singing and rapping is on point. I'll take this.
I mentioned at the beginning of this post that there would be two songs from Daniel's HOTF show debuting this week, and they are these last two debuts, starting with Meant To Be by Monic and Gone Astray. Wow. Easily my favorite debut this week. Monic's production gives off the vibes of something that The Chainsmokers or Zedd would have done in 2016 or 2017, as well as those of Happier by Marshmello and Bastille, which it sounds almost exactly like, and Gone Astray sounds really good on this. And compared to Bebe Rexha and Florida Georgia Line's song of the same title from 2017, this is as good. I'm surprised but happy Hits 1 added this.
Lastly, we have Jamie Miller making his Hits 1 debut with Babydoll. This is also really good. Ethan compared this to Baby Blue by Cody Simpson from earlier this year, and I can definitely see that. This song has a fun beat and I like Jamie Miller's vocals on this. Like the other HOTF song I talked about, I'm glad Hits 1 added this.
We lost Ain't In LA, That Girl, I Like It, and Stay. Ain't In LA is in the abyss, so it could debut soon. That Girl was ang Tyla's weaker songs, so I'm not complaining about that leaving. And I liked the other two but I was never expecting them to debut.
Blurbs:
Our exits were A Couple Minutes and Edge Of The Earth. Not sure why A Couple Minutes needed to re-enter if it was only going to last a few weeks, and I was never fully sold on Edge Of The Earth, so I'm fine with that leaving.
At least Sue Me didn't leave again, though it likely shouldn't have dropped five spots...
Super happy that Been By Now is starting to do something.
I guess Dracula is now on its way out. It had a good long run here but it may be time for this to be done.
Yeah, I'll take Tastes So Good in the top 10 again.
And we have a new #1 this week, as Teddy Swims has reached the top spot for the first time (Lose Control and The Door never made it to the top spot) with Mr Know It All. Yeah, I'll definitely take this going #1. It has grown on me a decent bit since I first heard it. I'm also sort of relieved we might be getting more new #1s this year since I previously mentioned we never had a whole lot in 2026.
I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.
Comments
Post a Comment