Most debuts we've had in a while (Week of 9/12/2026)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to another post. Not a lot to say here, let's just get into it, here are our exits:

Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (#15 last week)
Audrey Hobert- Sue Me (#25 last week)
Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (#17 last week)
Charli XCX- Camera (#29 last week)
Slayyyter- Dance (#23 last week)

Countdown:
30. Temper City- Self Aware (Debut)
29. Adela- Ain't In LA (Debut)
28. Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (Re-entry)
27. Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah (+1)
26. Miley Cyrus- Bass Persuades (Debut)
25. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (-1)
24. Ariana Grande- Petal (-2)
23. Tame Impala- Loser (+3)
22. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (-3)
21. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (+6)
20. Gracie Abrams- Minibar (=)
19. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (+2)
18. Jonas Brothers- Listen When Sad (+12)
17. Noah Kahan- Orbiter (Re-entry)
16. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (-2)
15. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (-2)
14. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (+4)
13. Alex Warren- Passenger (-1)
12. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (-1)
11. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (-3)
10. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (-4)
9. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (=)
8. Stella Lefty- Boston (-1)
7. Katseye- Animal (+9)
6. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (-3)
5. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (=)
4. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (=)
3. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (+7)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (=)
1. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (=)
Countdown Extra: Jamie Miller- Babydoll
Last Year's #1: Sombr- Undressed
#1 Two Years Ago: Sabrina Carpenter- Please Please Please
My Favorite Song Last Year: Ed Sheeran- A Little More
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Avery Cochrane- Toy Gun

After a long time in the abyss, Self Aware by Temper City finally debuts. I honestly quite enjoy this one. This has a fun groove to it and the lead vocalist of this band (I wasn't able to look up his name yet, even almost two months later) sounds pretty good, and in the hook, he sounds a bit like Oliver Tree, to the point where this sort of sounds like Oliver Tree's song Life Goes On, and that was quite good. So yeah, I'm happy this went viral. Also, if you haven't listened to Temper City's more recent song Reverse Psychology, I would highly recommend doing so.

We also have Adela making her countdown debut with Ain't In LA. This has grown on me a bit since it first debuted Hitbound. I really like the beat this has and Adela sounds really good here. Glad this made its way on to the countdown.

For some inexplicable reason, Bloodstream by Alyssa Grace is back. Oh joy...

Then it gets better, because next up, Miley Cyrus is back on the countdown with Bass Persuades. This is really good, a lot different than what I usually hear from her, it almost reminds me of something like Evacuate The Dancefloor by Cascada or Hung Up by Madonna, both of those are really good songs. I also like the lyrics, where she seems to be encouraging people to go out and have a good time instead of staying in. Great song.

Lastly, for some ungodly reason, Orbiter by Noah Kahan re-entered. Yeah, we definitely didn't need this here.

Hitbound:
Asse- Stop The Wedding
Raye/ Amma/ Absolutely- Joy (Debut)
Jamie Miller- Babydoll
Dove Cameron- When In Rome (Debut)
Katseye- Hootie Frutti
Sienna Spiro- Pure
Adela- Nicole Kidman
Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$
Knox- 4.3 Forty
Lisa- Sawadika
Alex Warren- Emerald Eyes
LilyIsThatYou- Nostalgia Baby
Stella Lefty- Summer You Were Mine
Olivia Rodrigo- Serena Joy
Monic/ Gone Astray- Meant To Be
Lexi Jayde- Misunderstood

This first debut has been around for a minute, but it's just now taking off on pop radio. This is Raye teaming up with her sisters Amma and Absolutely on Joy. This is really good, probably my favorite non-EDM collab from Raye thus far. I really like whatever sample is used at the beginning, and all three sisters sound really good. Also the production here ties this whole song together. Glad this was eventually on Hits 1.

Our other debut came out yesterday, it's Dove Cameron's latest, When In Rome. This is also pretty good. It has a solid beat to it and Dove Cameron sounds pretty good per usual. I'll take this.

We lost Harmony, which I don't mind leaving at all. 

Blurbs:
Our exits were Dracula, Sue Me, The Time Of My Life, Camera, and Dance. It was definitely getting time for Dracula to go. I still don't get why Sue Me had two short runs a year after its long run, but Hits 1 does what they want, I guess. I'm not sure if The Time Of My Life is fading on me or not, but I'm not all that upset about it leaving. And the lst two could have lasted a bit longer.

Oh god, seems like Still is starting to take off, at least it's growing on me, but I still prefer Ahi.

Wow, Listen When Sad got a huge boost off the debut. Great to see.

Material Lover is now in the top 15, which I also like to see.

Happy that Animal is becoming a hit. 

My Body Isn't Ready just hit #3, i hope it's ready to hit #1 in the coming weeks.

I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need to be better at getting these out (Week of 5/3/2025)

Back for real (Week of 4/11/2026)

First post of 2026 (and the beginning of a new era) (Week of 12/3/2026)