This was even more boring (Week of 8/29/2026)

 

Hello everyone, welcome to another post. I thought last week was somewhat boring, but this was more such, even though we did have one more exit than last week. So here are those exits: 

Noah Kahan- Orbiter (#23 last week)
Bella Kay- ILoveItILoveItILoveIt (#28 last week)

Countdown:
30. Charli XCX- Camera (Debut)
29. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (-2)
28. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (+2)
27. Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah (Debut)
26. Ariana Grande- Petal (=)
25. Tame Impala- Loser (=)
24. Slayyyter- Dance (=)
23. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (-1)
22. Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (-1)
21. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (-1)
20. Audrey Hobert- Sue Me (+9)
19. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (=)
18. Olivia Dean- A Couple Minutes (=)
17. Benson Boone- The Time Of My Life (=)
16. Katseye- Animal (=)
15. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (-4)
14. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (=)
13. Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (+2)
12. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (=)
11. Alex Warren- Passenger (+2)
10. Stella Lefty- Boston (=)
9. Tame Impala/ Jennie- Dracula (=)
8. Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (-1)
7. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (-1)
6. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (+2)
5. Alex Warren- Fever Dream (-1)
4. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (-1)
3. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (+2)
2. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (=)
1. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (=)
Countdown Extra: Katseye- Hootie Frutti
Last year's #1: Sombr- Undressed
#1 Two Years Ago: Post Malone/ Morgan Wallen- I Had Some Help
My Favorite Song Last Year: Ed Sheeran- A Little More
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: MGK/ Jelly Roll- Lonely Road
Recommendations For Hits 1:
Matthew Orgel- Overyearner
Marshmello/ Cameron Whitcomb- Hollow
Temper City- Reverse Psychology

Our first debut is Charli XCX's latest, Camera. I kind of enjoy this one a bit. It has the EDM type production I'm used to hearing on a Charli XCX song and she sounds really good. Plus, the latter part of the song reminds me a little bit of Guess from a couple years ago. So yeah, definitely an improvement over typical 2026 Charli XCX.

Lastly, Steve Lacy is back on the countdown for the first time since Bad Habit four years ago, this is called Oh Yeah. This is good, but definitely not as good as Bad Habit. It's catchy enough but feels rather forgettable. Steve Lacy does sound pretty good here, so I'll give it that. This needs more listens from me.

Hitbound:
Tyla- That Girl
Alex Warren- Emerald Eyes (Debut)
Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$
Asse- Stop The Wedding (Debut)
LilyIsThatYou- Nostalgia Baby (Debut)
Role Model- Harmony
Katseye- Hootie Frutti
Jonas Brothers- Listen When Sad (Debut)
Upsahl- I Like It
Stella Lefty- Summer You Were Mine
Adela- Ain't It LA
Knox- 4.3 Forty
Olivia Rodrigo- Serena Joy (Debut)
Lexi Jayde- Misunderstood
Bunt/ Lauren Spencer-Smith- Stay
Sienna Spiro- Pure

Recently, Alex Warre put out Wildchild, and from it, we have Emerald Eyes. This one is really good. The production on this almost feels EDM and Alex Warren of course sounds good over it. It also seems to be about his wife. So yeah, another amazing song from him.

Well just great. This new song from Asse dropped the week before this countdown aired, and wasn't initially picked up by Hits 1, but now it is here. This is called Stop The Wedding, and... it's actually pretty good. The beat here is better than in most of her songs and she sounds pretty good. Her best song in a long time, honestly.

While that Asse song was good, of course I have to talk about something super mid, this is from newcomer LilyIsThatYou and it's called Nostalgia Baby. This is really weird. She has a decent enough singing voice but this feels very forgettable. I've definitely heard more nostalgic songs than this that were released this year.

The Jonas Brothers are back with new music, this is called Listen When Sad. I'll give it this, I've heard better and worse JoBros songs than this. It has a solid enough beat and everyone sounds pretty good, this just feels a bit forgettable. I'll need to listen more.

Lastly, we have a new song from Olivia Rodrigo called Serena Joy. This has to be among her best songs. It seems to be in G Minor and has a really interesting beat to it, plus, she sounds quite good per usual. I wouldn't mind if this became a hit.

We lost Fabulous, I Deserve Better, Rescuer, and Talk To Me. Fabulous is in the abyss, and since it might be growing on me, I'd like to see it debut soon. As for the other three, it's honestly a similar situation to Frank Beard being the only ZZ Top guy without a really huge beard, as all three songs deserved better, except for the song titled I Deserve Better, which was mid as hell and won't be missed.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Orbiter and ILoveItILoveItILoveIt. Good riddance to Orbiter, it did not deserve to be here at all, and ILoveItILoveItILoveit was fading on me, so it was time for that to leave as well.

Looks like Been By Now won't be as much of a hit as I was anticipating.

I feel like some trend has happened with Sue Me lately. It re-enters when Mikey Piff is hosting, jumps huge when Mack and Jen host, such as this week, and the Mash Up takes it off when they host, which is what could happen next week.

At least Repeat It did make the top 10, it could be on its way out now.

Not a lot happened in the top 10, but since I Knew It I Knew You is at #3 again, I'd prefer this wasn't #1.

I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I need to be better at getting these out (Week of 5/3/2025)

Back for real (Week of 4/11/2026)

First post of 2026 (and the beginning of a new era) (Week of 12/3/2026)