Another laziness instance (Week of 9/26/2026)

 
Hello everyone, welcome to another post. This was solid, with a lot of debuts and solid movement. Let's just get into it, here are our exits:

Alex Warren- Fever Dream (#16 last week)
Olivia Rodrigo- Drop Dead (#11 last week)
Sienna Spiro- Material Lover (#15 last week)
Niall Horan- Tastes So Good (#13 last week)
Alyssa Grace- Bloodstream (#28 last week)

Countdown:
30. Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$ (Debut)
29. Sienna Spiro- Great Expectation (Debut)
28. Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah (+2)
27. Raye/ Amma/ Absolutely- Joy (Debut)
26. Adela- Ain't In LA (+3)
25. Temper City- Self Aware (+1)
24. Rosé- New Trick (Debut)
23. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (+1)
22. Alex Warren- Emerald Eyes (Debut)
21. Miley Cyrus- Bass Persuades (+6)
20. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (=)
19. Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (+6)
18. Ariana Grande- Petal (+5)
17. Tame Impala- Loser (+5)
16. Gracie Abrams- Minibar (+5)
15. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (+2)
14. Jonas Brothers- Listen When Sad (+4)
13. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (+1)
12. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (-2)
11. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (-7)
10. Katseye- Animal (-1)
9. Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (+3)
8. Stella Lefty- Boston (=)
7. Alex Warren- Passenger (=)
6. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (-3)
5. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (=)
4. Ariana Grade- Hate That I Made You Love Me (+2)
3. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (-1)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (+17)
1. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (=)
Countdown Extra: Teddy Swims- Perfect Man 
Last Year's #1: Sombr- Undressed 
#1 Two Years Ago: Chappell Roan- Good Luck Babe
My Favorite Song Last Year: BigXThaPlug/ Bailey Zimmerman- All The Way
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Linkin Park- The Emptiness Machine
Recommendations For Hits 1: 
Hudson Stone- Talk
Charlotte Sands- Go
Josh Ross- Drink Things Through
Will Linley- Think Twice

Up first, we have Brand New Chanel$ by Slayyyter. This definitely isn't as good as Dance, but still good. It has a solid beat, I'm just not sold on the key it's in. I still like Slayyyter's vocals, so that's a plus. Again, not terrible at all.

Sienna Spiro's best song leaves this week, and in replacement, we get a traditional boring song from her, Great Expectation. I'll give it this, it's better than shit like Die On This Hill, You Stole The Show, or The Visitor, but still on the slow side, unlike Material Lover. Sienna Spiro also sounds fine, and this is nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. I'd still prefer if it flopped though.

Next up, Raye and her sisters Amma and Absolutely debut the countdown with Joy, and I finally heard the 3 minute edit. As for the original, which I believe to be the only version on streaming platforms, it's really good, probably my favorite non-EDM collab from Raye thus far. I really like whatever sample is used at the beginning (which unfortunately got cut out from the radio edit), and all three sisters sound really good. Also the production here ties this whole song together. Glad this was eventually on Hits 1.

Rosé is back on the countdown for the first time in about a year with New Trick. This is honestly what this is for her, and that's a good thing. The production here is pop punk, and Rosé sounds surprisingly good over it, honestly a little bit like Avril Lavigne or Hayley Williams. Yeah, this might actually be my favorite Rosé song thus far.

Lastly, we have Alex Warren replacing himself with Emerald Eyes. This one is really good. The production on this almost feels EDM and Alex Warren of course sounds good over it. It also seems to be about his wife. So yeah, another amazing song from him.

Hitbound:
Teddy Swims- Perfect Man
Taylor Swift- Patient Zero (Debut)
Adela- Nicole Kidman
Hailey Picardi- Losing U (Debut)
JYT- I Wanted You (Debut)
Marshmello/ Kelsea Ballerini- Another Drink (Re-entry)
Alya- Lemonade (Debut)
Asse- Stop The Wedding
Freya Skye- Bad Taste
Malcolm Todd- Obsessica (Debut)
Jamie Miller- Babydoll
Monic/ Gone Astray- Meant To Be
Knox- Better Than Me
Miley Cyrus- Let's Get Married
Lisa- Sawadika
Ax And The Hatchetmen- Hotel Room (Debut)

Just what the fuck we needed. Taylor Swift just put out bonus tracks for The Life Of A Showgirl, including Patient Zero, which it what has debuted. And yeah, this is not good. I question some of the lyrics. They're about warning a friend about an ex of hers... Umm... didn't you just get married to Travis Kelce? If you did, maybe you shouldn't be shading exes to friends of yours. So yeah, this and all other LOAS bonus tracks are unnecessary. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't get a whole lot better, as newcomer Hailey Picardi debuts with Losing U. Yeah, this is painfully mediocre. I think Hailey Picardi has a decent enough voice, my problem is this is super slow with the production being mostly a guitar line that doesn't evolve at all. Yeah, not a great first impression here.

Oh finally, a good debut. JYT bring another song to HB, this is called I Wanted You. This is definitely my favorite song from them thus far. I like the beat this has and all five of them sound pretty good here, plus it has the added bonus of being in Bb major. I hope this can become a hit.

Next up, we have newcomer Alya with her song Lemonade. This is an interesting song, though I easily prefer Internet Money/ Don Toliver/ Gunna/ Nav's song of the same title from 2020. It feels like something Katseye or any of its members would put out, in terms of the beat and lyrics. Alya sounds pretty good here too. So I'll take this.

Lowkey, I feel like Earrings will probably be Malcolm Todd's only good song. So we have a new song from him called Obsessica. And from what I deduced from, he might be obsessed with a girl named Jessica... I'm just guessing. As for the song itself, it's just decent. It feels on the slower side and in a key that doesn't fit this kind of song. Malcolm Todd sounds decent enough to save the song, at least. So not good, but not bad either.

Lastly we have Ax And The Hatchetmen making their Hits 1 debut with Hotel Room. I actually recently heard another new song from these guys, but this is actually better. I like the beat this has and the lead singer Axel Ellis sounds pretty good. I'm glad they found this.

We lost Hootie Frutti, When In Rome, Serena Joy, Nostalgia Baby, and Summer You Were Mine. Hootie Frutti is in the abyss, and spoiler alert: it debuts next week, as I know that because of how late I am on this post. As for the others, I liked Summer You Were Mine and Serena Joy and would have liked to see them do well, and I'm fine with When In Rome and Nostalgia Baby leaving.

Blurbs:
Our exits were Fever Dream, Drop Dead, Material Lover, Tastes So Good, and Bloodstream. Fever Dream and Drop Dead had very successful runs and will be missed, I would've preferred Material Lover stayed instead of being replaced by Great Expectation, Tastes So Good was solid, and I'm relieved that Bloodstream's second run didn't last long.

Good to see Bass Persuades start to do something.

Petal, Loser, and Minibar all jumped 5 spots, I'm most happy about Loser doing so.

Seems like The Cure is on its way out.

And speaking of Olivia Rodrigo, Stupid Song jumped huge to #2. I'm hoping this dethrones I Knew It I Knew You soon.

I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back for real (Week of 4/11/2026)

I need to be better at getting these out (Week of 5/3/2025)

First post of 2026 (and the beginning of a new era) (Week of 12/3/2026)