Because I thought of it right now (Week of 10/3/2026)
Hello everyone, welcome to another post, after I just got done with my previous one. Let's just get into it, here are our exits:
Steve Lacy- Oh Yeah (#28 last week)
Morgan Wallen- Been By Now (#19 last week)
Temper City- Self Aware (#25 last week)
Gracie Abrams- Hit The Wall (#9 last week)
Countdown:
30. Adela- Nicole Kidman (Debut)
29. Asse- Stop The Wedding (Debut)
28. Katseye- Hootie Frutti (Debut)
27. Sienna Spiro- Great Expectation (+2)
26. Raye/ Amma/ Absolutely- Joy (+1)
25. Slayyyter- Brand New Chanel$ (+5)
24. Rosé- New Trick (=)
23. Malcolm Todd- Earrings (=)
22. Taylor Swift- Patient Zero (Debut)
21. Karol G/ Bruno Mars- Still (-6)
20. Adela- Ain't In LA (+6)
19. Dominic Fike- Babydoll (+1)
18. Alex Warren- Emerald Eyes (+4)
17. The Beaches- Edge Of The Earth (-4)
16. Ariana Grande- Petal (+2)
15. Tame Impala- Loser (+2)
14. Gracie Abrams- Minibar (+2)
13. Jonas Brothers- Listen When Sad (+1)
12. Olivia Rodrigo- The Cure (-1)
11. Martin Garrix/ Ed Sheeran- Repeat It (+1)
10. Miley Cyrus- Bass Persuades (+11)
9. Stella Lefty- Boston (-1)
8. Sabrina Carpenter- House Tour (-2)
7. Alex Warren- Passenger (=)
6. Ariana Grande- Hate That I Made You Love Me (-2)
5. Sombr- My Body Isn't Ready (=)
4. Katseye- Animal (+6)
3. Teddy Swims- Mr Know It All (=)
2. Olivia Rodrigo- Stupid Song (=)
1. Taylor Swift- I Knew It I Knew You (=)
Countdown Extra: Taylor Swift- Cleveland
Last Year's #1: Sombr- Undressed
#1 Two Years Ago: Chappell Roan- Hot To Go
My Favorite Song Last Year: 5 Seconds Of Summer- Not Ok
My Favorite Song Two Years Ago: Kendrick Lamar- Not Like Us
#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Dustin Lynch/ Ashley Cooke- How You Been
I've been enjoying this first debut a lot lately, especially since I see the Love Island girls use it in their IG posts, I'm talking about Nicole Kidman by Adela. Obviously not the best song that shares a name with a celebrity that recently came out since Mick Jagger by LiAngelo Ball exists, but this is really good too. It has a rather fun beat and she sounds pretty good here, one of her better vocal performances. Good song.
Well, after way too many consecutive HB dropouts over the last five years, Asse is on the countdown for the first time since Till Forever Falls Apart with Finneas back in 2021 with Stop The Wedding. This is actually pretty good. The beat here is better than in most of her songs and she sounds pretty good. Her best song in a long time, honestly.
As I spoiled in my last post since it was super late, Hootie Frutti by Katseye is now here. This has grown on me a decent bit in the two months since it debuted Hitbound, and it's exactly what I was expecting from them, though I still prefer Animal over this. It has an interesting beat that reminds me of that of Internet Girl from earlier this year, and all of them sound pretty good. Great song.
And to end this list of debuts on a low note, we have Patient Zero by Taylor Swift up at #22. Yeah, this is not good. I question some of the lyrics. They're about warning a friend about an ex of hers... Umm... didn't you just get married to Travis Kelce? If you did, maybe you shouldn't be shading exes to friends of yours. So yeah, this and all other LOAS bonus tracks, including Cleveland, which is the countdown extra despite not being on HB, are unnecessary.
Hitbound:
Freya Skye- Bad Taste
Knox- Sad Song (Debut)
Marshmello/ Kelsea Ballerini- Another Drink
Holly Humberstone- Too Cute To Be Lonely (Debut)
Bruno Mars- Dance With Me (Debut)
Ax And The Hatchetmen- Hotel Room
Monic/ Gone Astray- Meant To Be
Lil Nas X- World's Greatest (Debut)
Hailey Picardi- Losing U
Lisa- Sawadika
JYT- I Wanted You
Malcolm Todd- Obsessica
Miley Cyrus- Let's Get Married
Jamie Miller- Babydoll
Alya- Lemonade
Teddy Swims- Perfect Man
Knox recently put out My Midwest Best, and from it, we have Sad Song. Ironically, there is nothing sad about this. This is another pop punk banger from him and he sounds really good here. Love ironic titles like that.
Holly Humberstone is back with Too Cute To Be Lonely. This is decent enough. It has a solid beat but still a bit slow, and there's a key change at the end. Holly Humberstone still sounds pretty good here, so I'll take this.
Nearly eight months after Bruno Mars's album The Romantic was released, we have a new single from it called Dance With Me. This is just decent for now. Bruno Mars sounds pretty good but this is a bit too slow and forgettable. Not sure how well I see this doing.
Lastly, we have Lil Nas X back on HB in a hot minute, it's been about two years since we last heard from him, but he's now here with World's Greatest. It might be that I haven't heard from him in a while, but I really like this one. It feels like the kind of song he'd normally put out, and Ethan said this kind of gives off the vibe of Hey Ya by Outkast, and I can definitely see that, with Lil Nas X even sounding like Andre 3000 at a few points in the song. Yeah, great to see him back.
We only lost Better Than Me. Sad Song is better, so I'm not really complaining.
Blurbs:
Our exits were Oh Yeah, Been By Now, Self Aware, and Hit The Wall. I was hoping Oh Yeah would stick around to grow on me, so I'm a bit sad to see that go, although Been By Now and Self Aware, which I liked to begin with, should definitely still be here. And it was getting to be time for Hit The Wall to head out.
All right, I'm fine with Brand New Chanel$ jumping off the debut.
Well, looks like Still could leave in the next countdown.
Not sure what's going on with Edge Of The Earth right now.
About time Bass Persuades is in the top 10.
Animal is now #4, it would be interesting to see this go #1 as the first Katseye song to do so.
I guess that does it for me in this post, see you guys in the next one.
Comments
Post a Comment